Sponsored

CS Grill & Spoiler: Will they fit V6 & are there less pricey aftermarket versions?

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
A reference I see to the California Special grill with the offset tribar pony for sale is an OEM part on E'Bay for $699 (12% off $799). It says all trims, then it does lists trims GT, GT350, GT350R, V6. (EB not listed an oversight??)
2015-2016 Ford Mustang California Special CS Black Upper Grille OEM GR3Z-8200-AC Genuine Ford OEM Parts & Accessories 100% Satisfaction!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-F...e917c89c:g:73gAAOSw8-tWYmOz&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp

EDIT: Gooling the part #, the cheapest OEM CS grill found was $505.
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-grille-california-special-upper-p-4273.html

Can any grill mod'ers confirm grills are interchangeable between GT & V6. Hopefully that would confirm the GT CS would be a direct bolt on to a V6. I love the offset tribar pony. I might consider trying blacking out the center pony and attaching a tribar pony. A lot cheaper, but not quite the look. ;)

Video of a convertible Ruby CS:
[ame]
Grill... 0:26 Great close up of grill, 6:40 another quick grill shot
Spoiler... 1:20, 2:15, 5:29

I like the mild pedestal CS spoiler. To me it looks a little less bulky than say the CDC, which I prefer with the likes of the convertible.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I'm curious about the grill as well. I want this grill as its from Ford so I'm sure it will be a quality product a that will last . If it fits the V6 I want to know :)

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I quite like this grill but I can't justify the price. $500 is a lot for a purely cosmetic addition. In my opinion at least. Can it maybe be bought upper grill only?

OP
OP

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I quite like this grill but I can't justify the price. $500 is a lot for a purely cosmetic addition. In my opinion at least. Can it maybe be bought upper grill only?
I'm pretty sure the price and item in the link is the upper grille only. I too take a long pause for $505 to mainly just get an offset pony. But in this mods favor, I do love it and I will own the car for 12+ years likely. Still, I'll likely wait and maybe hope to see one in person. How likely is it to see a CS at a dealer?

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I'm pretty sure the price and item in the link is the upper grille only. I too take a long pause for $505 to mainly just get an offset pony. But in this mods favor, I do love it and I will own the car for 12+ years likely. Still, I'll likely wait and maybe hope to see one in person. How likely is it to see a CS at a dealer?
Probably pretty likely because dealers love to get the priciest cars possible in their showrooms.

Sponsored

OP
OP

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I hope we do not have to wait too long to see the 2016 GT/CS spoiler being sold. The pre painted one for the previous generation is $299. I asked Am. Muscle and they said when it does come out eventually, it will likely cost a bit more. I just wonder if the 2016 GT/CS's three pedestal design will cover all the holes from the existing mini blade spoiler on my V6?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/painted-gtcs-spoiler-1013.html

I think I recall somewhere long ago seeing a picture of the hole pattern under the mini blade spoiler, but can't recall where. :doh:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Probably pretty likely because dealers love to get the priciest cars possible in their showrooms.
I want the grill, but since I intend to have this car a very long time I may wait until prices come down. I'm not in a rush.when the car gets a redesign in 2018 I'm sure parts like this for our cars will drop. If the grill was $300-400 it would be something I would get almost sooner lol

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Im like 95% positive it will not cover the holes. I believe the CSGT spoiler is 3 hole and out blade spoilers are 4 hole.

OP
OP

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Im like 95% positive it will not cover the holes. I believe the CSGT spoiler is 3 hole and out blade spoilers are 4 hole.
the 2016 GT/CS spoiler has a left, right and center pedestal. So you are pretty sure our trunk lids have holes in areas in between the center and sides. BUMMER

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
the 2016 GT/CS spoiler has a left, right and center pedestal. So you are pretty sure our trunk lids have holes in areas in between the center and sides. BUMMER

There are 3 holes that are lined up perfectly across the trunk on the left, right, and center. Then there is a the 4 hole which is like maybe 4 inches right of the center hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
There are 3 holes that are lined up perfectly across the trunk on the left, right, and center. Then there is a the 4 hole which is like maybe 4 inches right of the center hole.
If lucky, there might be only one hole outside the three pedastals then. how big is that hole? Using a plug for just 'one' hole might be acceptible, especially that it would be below the spoiler and hopefully not to big and noticeable. I have no idea if the 2016 GT/CS spoiler uses the same holes for the outside pedastals as the OEM convertible trunk already has.

Do you guys know when the parts will be available to purchase?
There is a link in post #1 for the GT/CS Grille for $505. No telling when the spoiler will become available for sale.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
If it's a convertible I believe the holes are different too due to the fact of the third brake light being on the trunks lip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored