Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Interesting to watch as they get some specifics wrong but you can see how well setup this car really is. Can't help but wonder if the Base or CFTP could outgun GM's ZLE time from a few years ago.

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Lol. New record in delayed Ricer Flyby:
4 years late...
"I win!...."

Unfortunately ZL1 1LE time was what, summer 2017? almost a half decade ago?
And not on Trefeo R's....
Gonna guess a second could be picked up....

Love GT350R, and Mad respect for ZL1 1LE which is still substantially capable.
Without Zl1 1LE, we might not have GT500...

Ford drivetrains needs a 400# lighter chassis..... I still prey the keep S550/CDx in production while also adding a next gen smaller mustang that sees an ecoboost in a 3400 wet curb chassis... Can only hope...
Final ICE chassis will be what we are stuck with for motorsports for DECADES after electric revolution..

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
not sure about the gt500, but this guy just beat the zl1 1le time (7'16) by 1 second (7'15) in his GT350R. worth a watch...

Uh, unless I'm missing something, the guy ran a 7:15 cutting out the entire straight. Check out where the time starts (end of the straight) and where it hits 7:15 (at the beginning of the straight). The ZLE ran the entire track on the 7:16, as did the ZL1 when it went 7:29. There was later an unofficial ~7:13 by the ZLE but no record of it.

Maybe someone can correct me, but this isn't the same track length and thus does not appear to be a quicker time.

1626044238786.png

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Uh, unless I'm missing something, the guy ran a 7:15 cutting out the entire straight. Check out where the time starts (end of the straight) and where it hits 7:15 (at the beginning of the straight). The ZLE ran the entire track on the 7:16, as did the ZL1 when it went 7:29. There was later an unofficial ~7:13 by the ZLE but no record of it.

Maybe someone can correct me, but this isn't the same track length and thus does not appear to be a quicker time.

1626044238786.png
You are correct, hence why it says BTG (Bridge to Gantry). It cuts that section out.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

1626044238786.png
Three ways to drive the Ring. Most common:

1. Touristenfahrten (tourist drive). Any street legal vehicle (to include motorcycles and buses), any licensed driver, normal German driving laws apply (passing only on left, etc), 25-30€ per lap, actually has a speed limit in one area (Ex-Mühle--often ignored), must exit between laps. So, time starts at the entrance (which is before the standard start/finish line) and ends at Gantry Bridge (which is a bit before the point where you entered).
https://nuerburgring.de/driving/touristdrives

2. Test days. Relatively rare and completely closed to the public. Manufactures, teams prior to races, etc. No requirement to exit the track between laps, so drivers can time full laps from start-finish line. Many of the "advertised times" are achieved on these days.

3. Track days. Relatively common. Various clubs and track businesses (i.e., RSR, etc.) rent the track and run the track day. Anyone with a license can participate, but must arrange and pay via the hosting company or be a member of the hosting club. No motorcycles (unless it's a 'moto' track day) and definitely no buses, etc. Cost is normally between 1k to 1.5k€. No requirement to exit between laps, so start/finish line times are possible--assuming the sponsor allows timing. Some "advertised times" come from these as well.

Bottom line; BTG times are the most common, because (as @Mikthehun1 pointed out) they are the easiest for normal people to access. They tell you the time that a good driver in a normal car can achieve.

On average, there's about 20 sec difference between BTG time and full lap time--after the bridge, your're flat out on a downhill section at any car's max speed.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The second I saw the post about the GT350R's time I was like...no. No fucking way it was even close to that of the ZLE.

Just for shits I scrolled through both videos to pretty much the same point on the track. I set my phone in front of my laptop monitor and hit play to watch both at the same time. The ZLE is gone in short order and keeps pulling away. Try it.

I started the GT350R video at the 1:08 mark and the ZLE video at the :21 mark. Be quick and click start on both of these at the same time as they are in very near the same location on the track. After only about 4 minutes, the ZLE is roughly 10 seconds ahead of the GT350R.

Just looking at benchmarks, when the GT350 hits the end of its run the ZLE is roughly 16 seconds ahead of it. ZLE hit 172mph while the GT350R did 155mph (rounding up too).

Last edited:

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
The second I saw the post about the GT350R's time I was like...no. No fucking way it was even close to that of the ZLE.

Just for shits I scrolled through both videos to pretty much the same point on the track. I set my phone in front of my laptop monitor and hit play to watch both at the same time. The ZLE is gone in short order and keeps pulling away. Try it.

I started the GT350R video at the 1:08 mark and the ZLE video at the :21 mark. Be quick and click start on both of these at the same time as they are in very near the same location on the track. After only about 4 minutes, the ZLE is roughly 10 seconds ahead of the GT350R.

Just looking at benchmarks, when the GT350 hits the end of its run the ZLE is roughly 16 seconds ahead of it. ZLE hit 172mph while the GT350R did 155mph (rounding up too).

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
But he was wearing shorts! That saved weight for the 350R. He did have his gloves on though.
not sure about the gt500, but this guy just beat the zl1 1le time (7'16) by 1 second (7'15) in his GT350R. worth a watch...

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I struggle with a lot of things Shelby said...

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase