Sponsored

Crimson, Lightning and Triple Yellow discontinued for MY2019 (at least in EU)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
New informations from german dealers.

The following colors will be discontinued for MY2019 (production until end of May)
  • Crimson Red
  • Lightning Blue
  • Triple Yellow
New Colors (production starting in June):
  • Spinel Green
  • A new blue
You can only order the old colors until March 2nd, after that the order banks for MY2018 close in europe.

I'm not sure if this will be the same for the US market, but I can't imagine they will have other colors for export than for the US
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Royal Crimson's going already? :(

Hope that blue is Grabber......or Azure!!!!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Well I am pleased I placed my order for Triple Yellow last week, fingers crossed it all goes well

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Royal Crimson's going already? :(

Hope that blue is Grabber......or Azure!!!!
Can’t see it’s going to be Grabber as they have only just discontinued it, more likely to be another new blue

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Possibly.....

But this was posted in the Spinel Green thread. One would assume that's another '19 or at least an '18 in front of it. As Grabber Blue was dropped after '17, what can this be? It could be Lightning, but looks to be too light for that, unless the lighting is playing tricks :)

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Possibly.....

But this was posted in the Spinel Green thread. One would assume that's another '19 or at least an '18 in front of it. As Grabber Blue was dropped after '17, what can this be? It could be Lightning, but looks to be too light for that, unless the lighting is playing tricks :)

Thanks for that, had not seen that picture, looks to dark for Grabber Blue to me , I think it looks like Kona Blue to me, which is a 18 colour

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah I don't get it why Crimson is already gone while we don't even have customer facelifts here yet. But it was nearly the same with Guard Green in 2015

As far as I understood it, it seems like it will be a new blue. In the picture you mean the colored fender? It seems to dark for Grabber and too bright and non-metallic for Lightning. So maybe this will be the new color

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Ohh my I got confirmation that my switch from RR went through.
Will also receive the car one month earlier :)
Nice :thumbsup:

LB is an amazing colour.

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
I think that is just a protection fender when they are working on the engine bay and the car in front looks like Kona

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice :thumbsup:

LB is an amazing colour.
Thank you, I have not seen that color myself but in pictures it looks really nice.

It is an dealer ordered car with custom pack 4, but they will switch the wheels to the regular pp wheels as I will have the P51s. But the gripe is that the car is ordered with the midnight blue interior... might be a little to much blue on blue.... If it only was the stitching that was blue it would be one thing...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Interesting to see more colors being discontinued. Yellow makes sense, and I could even see Crimson going away since it's the 3rd red on offer and probably wasn't too popular. Really scratching my head on the Lightning Blue though. If anything I figured they'd discontinue Kona again instead. The new Blue has to be close to Lightning since a medium blue color like that is a standard offering on just about every car. I could see Azure taking it's place, Grabber is too bold to be the only blue other than Kona.

Regarding that production line pic, if you're referring to the car in the distance, I'm sure they're just mixing a few 2019s into the production line with the 2018s, which is probably what that car up ahead is since it looks like Lightning Blue to me.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Interesting to see more colors being discontinued. Yellow makes sense, and I could even see Crimson going away since it's the 3rd red on offer and probably wasn't too popular. Really scratching my head on the Lightning Blue though. If anything I figured they'd discontinue Kona again instead. The new Blue has to be close to Lightning since a medium blue color like that is a standard offering on just about every car. I could see Azure taking it's place, Grabber is too bold to be the only blue other than Kona.

Regarding that production line pic, if you're referring to the car in the distance, I'm sure they're just mixing a few 2019s into the production line with the 2018s, which is probably what that car up ahead is since it looks like Lightning Blue to me.
Probably depends on the region but most the GT350's that are just sitting on lots around me are Black or LB. I showed a LB GT350 to a few co-workers yesterday I was thinking of going to look at and all of them agreed they just didn't like the color.

Whatever the new blue is, I just hope it's not metallic again. They have what? 2-3 metallic blues? There are VERY few metallic colors I like, and they are all the darker shades. Crimson, DHG, and Deep Impact.