below (depending on tire wear and
environmental conditions) or in snow and
ice conditions. Like any tire, summer tire
performance is affected by tire wear and
environmental conditions. If you must drive
in those conditions, we recommend using
Mud and Snow (M+S, M/S), All-season or
Snow tires."

I agree with "Summer tires provide superior performance on wet and dry roads." So moral of the story, RTFM haha.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I only found this

Bulletin No.: 13-03-10-001E:

"Subject: Information on Tire Cold Weather Cracking Models:
2012-2017 Buick Regal GS
2014-2015 Cadillac CTS Vsport
2016-2017 Cadillac ATS-V, CTS-V
2012-2015 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, Z/28
2013-2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS with RPO 1LE
2014-2017 Chevrolet Corvette, Corvette Z06, Grand Sport
2014-2017 Chevrolet SS 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE (RPO A1Y), Camaro ZL1"

"2012-2015 Camaro Models RPO (ZL1, 1LE or Z28), 2017 Camaro 1LE or ZL1 The Camaro ZL1 and RPO 1LE vehicles come with 285/35ZR20 and/or 305/35ZR20 Goodyear F1 Supercar G2 D.O.T. approved ultra high performance, track capable summer tires as standard equipment. The Camaro Z/28 is equipped with 305/30ZR19 Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R of similar capabilities. All of these Camaro models tires are not intended to be driven on snow, ice or road surfaces below -7°C (20°F). If the ambient temperature in your location is at or below -7°C (20°F), DO NOT MOVE THIS VEHICLE. Driving the vehicle, when the temperature is below -7°C (20°F), may result in surface cracks in the tread area of the tire."
here you go pal!
This was not part of my owner’s manual when I bought the car.
There must have been numerous incidents due to the OEM tires on the ZL1 1LE for GM to put this out.
10F85D8A-54CB-4A1B-81B9-C68E9ED623F6.png

Byronj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
Man sorry about you car. I know how slick the Cup 2s can be in cold. Good thang you didn't get hurt and the car is repairable. BUT!!! I learned from experience. A lady pulled up to me like she was Danica Patrick and drove down the entire side of my 13 Boss 302. Literally the entire drivers side was replaced. along with some suspension components and whatever else wasn't in plain sight. The body shop manager which is my friend only let his best two guys work on my car and I knew them as well so I wasn't concerned about the work. The car took about 4.5 months to repair. I have no complaints about that. AGAIN BUT!!! What happened over the course of driving the car, i noticed things just didn't seem right. There was underlying items that during the inspection and tear down that looked fine but over time they started to break, crack and the car just wasn't the same. I would find little stuff over the course of driving it a couple more years. If you can Id try to get the insurance to replace the car for you. Best of luck in the end of this event.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow, over 40K in parts/repair? I'm really surprised that insurance did not total it. Isn't that just about half of what the car costs at MSRP?
Good luck man. Keep us posted.

OP
OP

PlaceboEffect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350r
Wow, over 40K in parts/repair? I'm really surprised that insurance did not total it. Isn't that just about half of what the car costs at MSRP?
Good luck man. Keep us posted.
Im kinda surprised as well. I think the insurance company over valued the car at 70.5k. I see them for sale in the lower 60 range right now with 4k miles. They probably just don't want to deal with auctioning it off due to corona going on.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I had a similar experience with a C6 that I had in 2007. By the time the repair was completed and they paid me $13K for diminished value they were way over the figure that they should have totaled the car. This happened because the initial estimate was understated. I suspect that your original estimate will be exceeded as well. Good luck my friend.

Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks so much for your openness about the event and your car’s condition as this thread is helping so many others. The seriousness of driving these cars on these tires on inclement weather we all are learning and now the results with insurance and the damage and resulting value that could diminish. As I live in north ( cold) Idaho and just parking it until it warms up makes sense to me ( Slippery roads ,gravel on roads to break up ice still remaining, potholes from winter unrepaired) . Let alone tires cracking if driven on in the cold . I enjoy all the good intentional advice on here and my hopes are for them to total it . It’s hard to find workmanship like a factory has put one of these together and then the replacement would not have a CARFAX showing a major incident which will surely reduce its value!

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
glad you walked away. if it was my car I wouldn't want it anymore though. The fact that you jumped it off a rock before it came to rest in the ditch would scare me on the strain that all the suspension, subframes and even the main shell experienced. I wouldn't trust the 2 wheels that don't have visible damage, they could be fractured. things can twist and flex and be fatigued and still appear to be good... but my bet is after all the repairs are done the car will not feel the same. plus with a repair of that magnitude on the carfax it'll be a tough car to sell down the road. with a penalty to the value to boot.
Push for it to be written off.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
OP - you can contest the insurance company's valuation of the car. Show them all of the ads for like cars going for low 60s. I would fight them on repairing the car. No way, no how.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
When my Focus RS was tear ended, it was a $17k repair. My insurance, Allstate, said they would only total the car if the repair value was greater than KBB retail. Load of shit. It had frame damage and they hacked the crap out of it....but wasn’t over 100% of value. Allstate sucks.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
All insurance companies suck. They spend money of silly commercials with lizards, weird women with too much eye shadow, annoying millennials, cavemen and other things, rather than actually fix things with OEM parts
Sponsored