Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Glad you're OK. Cars can be fixed or replaced.
This is why my Super Sports are on their way. If anyone is interested, my Cup 2's will be up for sale soon. 350 miles.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Cup2s are incredible tires in the rain with heat (assuming you're not in standing water deeper than the tread). Bit slippery in the cold. I've run them in downpours on track and they do very well.

Sorry to hear about your car, OP. Thanks for posting, though. It's always good to remind folks to be careful and that things can go wrong very quickly on the street with high HP.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you're ok. I'm thinking it's probably totaled. The 2 wheels that got destroyed aren't cheap, plus there's probably a ton of damage that you can't see underneath...

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Glad the OP is ok.. but I woulda told that tow truck operator to get somebody competent down here.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
sorry for you but at least you are safe and didnt hit anyone else......what was the damage estimate ??

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Cup2s are incredible tires in the rain with heat (assuming you're not in standing water deeper than the tread). Bit slippery in the cold. I've run them in downpours on track and they do very well.

Sorry to hear about your car, OP. Thanks for posting, though. It's always good to remind folks to be careful and that things can go wrong very quickly on the street with high HP.
Yeah assuming your track doesnt pool water anywhere...

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
Holy smokes!!!!!! I cut my teeth on light and heavy duty recovery certified by the California tow truck association for over 20 years. the correct equipment was not used and caused more damage to your car. it should of been a conventional tow truck and recovery straps should have been used to elevate the front end from digging into the ground also some of the brush/branches should of been cleared to prevent scratches to the top of the paint. and he should of never had you jump in to "help" steer it was possible for the cable to snap or load shocking the winch can also explode the gears in it and you might of been seriously hurt. At the end of the day you were home safe and that's what matters most best of luck with the car

OP
OP

PlaceboEffect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350r
Here are some pictures after they tor off the bumpers and skid plate at the body shop. Looks like the damage inst that bad except the carbon wheels. No idea how long till i can actually get it fixed due to the corona virus.
IMAG0074.jpg
IMAG0059.jpg
IMAG0060.jpg
IMAG0062.jpg
IMAG0071.jpg
IMAG0066.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Holy smokes!!!!!! I cut my teeth on light and heavy duty recovery certified by the California tow truck association for over 20 years. the correct equipment was not used and caused more damage to your car. it should of been a conventional tow truck and recovery straps should have been used to elevate the front end from digging into the ground also some of the brush/branches should of been cleared to prevent scratches to the top of the paint. and he should of never had you jump in to "help" steer it was possible for the cable to snap or load shocking the winch can also explode the gears in it and you might of been seriously hurt. At the end of the day you were home safe and that's what matters most best of luck with the car
This is what I was thinking. Seeing what a snapped chain/cable can do to things is scary as hell!

OP
OP

PlaceboEffect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350r
not sure if the air bags deployed - looking at ~$25-30K of damage more if the bags deployed
No air bags were deployed. Which is surprising however most of the damage was from under hitting a sizable rock. If i didn't hit it i would be looking at a lot less damage to the passenger side. The body shop estimates just looking at the car that its in the 20-30k range most likely closer to 30k with the wheels. The worst part is i have no idea when this car is going to be fixed due the the corona virus...

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Don't despair, it will be repaired as good as new... just may take a bit longer.

I've got mine sitting in the garage the last 2 weeks, basically because I've got nowhere to go! Working from home during the virus "social distancing" stage, and my wife does the shopping. Longest drive I've taken is 30 feet out of the garage for my son to wash the car, and then back when he was done. :)

BTW - how did you select your user name?

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
It hurts to hear and see something like this happen. Like everyone else has said, glad no one was hurt.

I have to commend you for your seemingly positive and easy going attitude man. I really admire that. I was not as calm as you when I crashed my first ZL1 1LE.

As far as the tires, I know exactly what you went through.

Here is a video of the aftermath of my third time driving my first ZL1 1LE (one week after I bought it). The tires that come with that car are very similar to the ones one the R and they almost got me hurt really badly. This accident happened 1.5 miles from my house as I was going to one of those dreaded cars and coffee shows at one of the biggest malls in our area.

On a low 50s degree day and on a damp roadway I was simply merging onto the highway from the on ramp. Like you stated, once the car lost traction nothing I did helped bring it back. The back end started sliding to the left, I tried to get it back by counter steering and nothing, it just kept slowly fishtailing to the left until I went head first into the guardrail. That car was totaled by the insurance and I was lucky to find the same exact car (minus the PDR) at the same dealership I had bought the first one so after I got the insurance check I went and got the second one.

If I were you, I would want the car to be totaled by the insurance and start fresh with a new one.

Keep up the positive attitude, your attitude is the only thing you can control. Word of advice, be ready for all the stupid comments coming your way on your youtube channel. I wouldn't even read any of them to be honest with you.

I erased all the pictures and videos i took on my phone of the accident because i wanted to start fresh and move forward. But as you can see from the video someone else posted of my accident, lots of people have uneducated guesses and unintelligent comments to make.

Good luck dude.
Sponsored