Sponsored
OP
OP

PlaceboEffect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350r
Like I posted the other day, glad you are ok. I have a question, was only the one wheel damaged, or more? If more I suspect the damage bill to be above $30k. All the best on the recovery.
Both passenger wheels were damaged. The front one was obliterated and the rear is cracked and scuffed. And yeah im incredibly lucky walked away without a scratch.
Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I can see the car that ran you off the road.

I see very little damage to your car.

Great video.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
First we are all glad that you are OK and that you were in a safe car. From what I can see if the damage it looks like it’s not frame or structural it’s external and cosmetic so after it is fixed it should not change its value being frame damaged. I learned my lesson at Spokane raceway on a 32° bright sunny day when the power train snapped froze up and I totaled the car and I was in a safe car as well, it was a 2000 cobra R . My opinions now are to not have these High performance vehicles on the road below 45° temperatures.I sure hope after this from your experience you could help others in the future and also get yourself that extra winter car to drive around in

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
This sucks man, sorry for you for sure. Those tires are not made for this weather and any speed whatsoever. So many people drive these cars in non ideal conditions and brag how they wont save it for the next owner. Maybe this will enlighten a few. I hope you get back on the road soon.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Maybe its just me but I think I would have been down there to clean out all that scrub brush in front of and beside the car before they started to drag it out.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Sorry for what happened to your car :frown:. Could be much worse. However, you can't blame tires. I can hardly believe that the accident was caused by tires. I know capabilities of this car with Michelin Cup2s, they're very sticky on the road. There's something else that happened before accident?

OP
OP

PlaceboEffect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350r
Sorry for what happened to your car :frown:. Could be much worse. However, you can't blame tires. I can hardly believe that the accident was caused by tires. I know capabilities of this car with Michelin Cup2s, they're very sticky on the road. There's something else that happened before accident?
Cup2's are amazing tires. In the DRY. I was driving about 2 hours after it finished raining and when the car lost traction it felt like i was on ice. ZERO control over anything. My first thought was well sht i guess this is happening. Second was am i going to die? and third was holly crap I'm OK when it was all finished. Was definitely an experience to say the least.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ll be real curious what the estimate is. I’m bett’n it’ll approach 30k. Around here the threshold is %80 of value before they total it. If they do total it, I’m guess’n the salvage value will be around 30k as well. If it does get totaled it wou;d make a great base for a track only car. Hope it works out for you whichever way it goes. Also, kudos to you big time for Being so forthright and posting your experience.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
They are very capable warm. Cold and wet they will kill you. Or if there is any standing water they will also kill you.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
All the suspension bits will be tweaked, even if it looks ok.

Bespinoza66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 automatic 5.0, 4.09 differential
Yeah those cup 2s are not good on wet roads. I hydroplaned a little curving onto the freeway with your wheel setup but luckily I was able to straighten out my car and avoid hitting the barrier. I now drive with the wet driving mode on when it rains.

Glad you're ok. Total it out of you can
Sponsored