Sponsored

Crank support for 10 rib... do I really have to?

Martin5.0sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ainsley
Vehicle(s)
2016 Whippled Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I’m a 2.9 gen3 whipple owner on a gen2 coyote, well got a built short block in route and obviously I’m gonna turn it up. 10 rib is ordered and I’m going with a innovations west 20% over balancer question is do I really need a crank support, it’s a very expensive upgrade and I haven’t really seen any one using them.... thoughts?
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Hey guys, I’m a 2.9 gen3 whipple owner on a gen2 coyote, well got a built short block in route and obviously I’m gonna turn it up. 10 rib is ordered and I’m going with a innovations west 20% over balancer question is do I really need a crank support, it’s a very expensive upgrade and I haven’t really seen any one using them.... thoughts?
Stock crank? Just get the support and not worry about it.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
This is like the decision whether to get opg’s or not. If you don't and You blow Your motor, you’ll be sorry. Your gonna turn it up which will add stress to your crank. Its a no brainer. Get er done..

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The larger balancer helps with crankshaft deflection. If you don’t use a 2step or similar or a trans brake. You have about a 98%chance that you will never need it. Buy there’s still that 2% chance of regret. I have mine turned up a lot with the ati 20% overdrive balancer without any problems for almost 2years now. I have no plans to get a support.
What is done to the engine

OP
OP
Martin5.0sc

Martin5.0sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ainsley
Vehicle(s)
2016 Whippled Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Rods, pistons, getting a innovations west 20% lower with double keyed crank snout 10 rib setup

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I would get the crank support just to be on the safe side. We sell them here at www.lethalperformance.com. Shoot me a message if you have any questions or would like to place an order.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I picked up a used support for my 6 rib setup. Price was good and I figure why not, can't hurt. A lot less than an engine rebuild or replacement.