Sponsored

Craig's Custom license plate mounting bracket NO DRILL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I keep going back and forth. I do have about 2 more months to decide, before I order 1 of them.
Sponsored

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I keep going back and forth. I do have about 2 more months to decide, before I order 1 of them.
I'm going to shoot a tiny small screw through the bracket as a safety precaution. It will be up under the lip so basically invisible. Better than screwing into the leading edge of the bumper if you go without any bracket, IMHO.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
True

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
My tape also has started coming loose in the TX heat. Luckily I caught it before I lost the plate. Going commando for now :). Txoil let us know how adding the screw through the adapter goes

350Gen6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
I'm having issues with mine too. I followed the instructions and installed it 3 months ago. I had the same problem as others.. The tape just pulled away from the bumper and I almost lost the plate. I really like the concept and the bracket is made of high quality material so maybe I'll also drill a small screw in as well.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Mine is still going strong even in the extreme heat we've been having. I waited a few days before I mounted my plate after installing the bracket. Maybe it helped with the bonding not having any force pulling on it. Craig is a stand up guy and will take care of any issues if you reach out to him.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Any one install this with xpel on the front? Ill need to put my plates on soon. I dont mind drilling the under side.

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We run one of these on our Hellcat and GT350, had one on our 15 GT previously. All are the same style tape add on. While this isn't Texas we do regularly see high 90's (heat index in the 105+ range) in the heart of the summer.

Haven't had any issues, so results may vary.

With that in mind feel free to contact Craig for any replacement parts, he is a good guy.

http://ccmustangbrackets.com/contact-us/

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Is there an automotive tape that is rated for higher temps?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Any one install this with xpel on the front? Ill need to put my plates on soon. I dont mind drilling the under side.
I had the xpel start pulling away from the bumper. I ended up putting a screw through the bracket to make sure it wouldn't come off.

Sponsored

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
i installed before clear bra. works perfect

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
My Craig's Custom bracket fell off while driving this week and I wasn't able to retrieve it. It did not come unscrewed from the bracket, but instead the entire bracket fell off (part taped/glued to car) with the license plate attached.

We are in the middle of an epic heat wave here and I wonder if that had anything to do with it (100 degrees with high humidity). I followed the instructions exactly when attaching it and it's been on for about 11 months now with no issues until it came off.

Now I have to report my plate lost and get a new set. Use at your own risk. I will just drill my bumper once I get the replacement plates and not mess with the possibility of this happening again.

Unfortunately, I have to report that I've also lost front plates -- 2 of them. First time the whole assembly just disappeared, plate, screw post, tape and all. Craig immediately sent a replacement. I lost my 2nd plate last week. Flew off while I was driving on highway. This time the tape and post were still there but the nut must have vibrated loose and come off. I'm positive I had it on there tight and it was fine for months.

I was really happy we had someone willing to design and produce an elegant solution to this front mount plate issue, but now I can't afford the hassle of replacing front plates. I'm going to go with the OEM drilling mount option.

TORQJNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Hey guys, this is Craig. I'm not a vendor here but JLT Performance is one of my steadfast supporters and vendors, and Vinny told me that a couple guys were having some issues over here on Mustang6G, so I will post on their behalf.

First let me say, if you have any problems, questions, or concerns with your bracket, please let me know. If I don't know, I can't help and nothing gets resolved by posting on a forum, but will if you contact me.

We occasionally have one that comes off, however, I will tell you, every one that I personally have installed in the last 3 years, is still installed without issue. Problem is, I can't install every bracket, so undoubtedly, someone will install it slightly different and have an issue. It's the nature of the game but I understand that and will help where I can. I've sold over 2000 of this type mounting bracket for the GT's, V-6's, Ecoboosts and GT350's. I even sell it in a Universal application and have a reported failure rate of less than 2%, so I can't necessarily attribute it entirely to the mounting system.

To answer a couple of questions above; The 3M tape that we use is rated to 190*F. The mounting base comes with a lock washer, so it should not vibrate loose unless it was not snug against the bumper cover and tight enough.

Someone also mentioned putting two small holes through the bracket for added security. We actually used to sell them pre-drilled with holes for that very option, but quit doing it because it didn't look good, unless the holes were used, and with a very low failure rate, found that it wasn't necessary.

So again, if you have any issue, let me know at [email protected] and I will get you taken care of the best I can. Thank you very much for your business to date through my friends over at JLT Performance, and have a great day!

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
bought. This is something I need in MA.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.