You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I have been using a Craig's license plate bracket on my cars for years now, and he just released a version for our cars. This is the only bracket for me, as my OCD will not allow me to have a plate mount offset from dead center of the bumper. Its pretty ingenious, the mount sticks under the bumper, out of sight, so when there is no plate mounted (99% of the time) there is no sign of there being one. When you need a plate, it just attaches to the mount in 10 seconds. Best of both worlds. I have included the link incase anyone wanted to check them out.

http://ccmustangbrackets.com

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 7.12.56 PM.png
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Had one on my GT350. Because I knew failure was an inevitable eventuality with most anything reliant on two sided tape (no matter how high tech it may be from 3M, etc), I was extra anal about cleaning the fascia as directed by the instructions, ensuring the ambient temperature outside was warm, and allowing it to setup before installing my plate, I did it anyway. And it failed after a couple of months. Short of a lanyard to prevent loss of the plate once the bond fails, I won't use one of these again. May work for others but didn't work for me.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I wonder which particular 3m product they use. The 3m on my 17 F250’s rear tail gate emblem took heat, fishing line, and pliers to get it off. You could physically see the tailgate panel flex with the bond it had. I’m an ex body shop guy and the bond of some of the newer adhesive tapes is damn near like a bolt and nut.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An emblem has no moment acting on it as leverage to pry. The plate does and is exponentially larger than the surface area of the bracket with the 3M adhesive.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
No shxt. Thanks for the obvious. Point is 3m makes double sided tape that would holt that no problem. I don’t need the bracket but there’s very few negative reviews. You obviously prepped the surface correctly.

An emblem has no moment acting on it as leverage to pry. The plate does and is exponentially larger than the surface area of the bracket with the 3M adhesive.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm here all week. Contact me if you need further assistance.

And if a simple Google search isn't beyond your capacity, you'll see others have had the same experience.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have used one on my last 3 mustangs. Not only did they not move, they were almost impossible to remove from the bumper when I was sell ing the cars years later. Not only daily driving, but I drove my car twice to PA from MA as well.

The plate bracket rests with rubber bumpers up against the bumper. This takes the brunt of the wind force off the tape, and there really should not be any problem. Not sure what would cause issues for some, but the majority, and I mean major majority, have never had an issue.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: I was surprised that Tob thought that red tape would come off in the slipstream. Like you, I've had to remove badges, etc., from vehicles and other items around the house that used the stuff and I damn near needed a blow torch to get them apart again.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime: I was surprised that Tob thought that red tape would come off in the slipstream. Like you, I've had to remove badges, etc., from vehicles and other items around the house that used the stuff and I damn near needed a blow torch to get them apart again.
I believe he was speaking to an actual experience with the Craigs Bracket. I can't speak to why it happened to him, I only know myself, and a large quantity of others have not had a problem. Not everything works the same for everyone, or every scenario, that's for sure.

The fact that I only intend to use the plate 1% of the time solidifies this as my personal best option for mounting a plate. My OCD just can't see the plate off center, lol. I even swapped a V8 lower grill onto my EcoBoost F150 before because I hated the way the plate was placed to one side, and not in the center.

I'm :crazy: that way.

Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
glad to hear as I was going to order one of these and the majority of search results said this bracket works great. Many like it as it is centered, isn't mounted too close to the ground and can slightly protect the front end a bit,

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Had one on my GT350. Because I knew failure was an inevitable eventuality with most anything reliant on two sided tape (no matter how high tech it may be from 3M, etc), I was extra anal about cleaning the fascia as directed by the instructions, ensuring the ambient temperature outside was warm, and allowing it to setup before installing my plate, I did it anyway. And it failed after a couple of months. Short of a lanyard to prevent loss of the plate once the bond fails, I won't use one of these again. May work for others but didn't work for me.
I never had any issues with mine and I even left it on at the road course

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good for those of you without issue. My suggestion - watch the taped bracket. Closely.
Sponsored