Sponsored

Crackle tunes - WTF is wrong with people

helloWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Maxima SE
My 2018 Audi RS3 does this from the factory if you put the car into Dynamic drive mode, or if you put the transmission into sport mode. It actually is kind of obnoxious, but it came like that.
Sponsored

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hahaha - that’s priceless.
Same 89LX 5.0 -- Had to take family member to a college class. "What's wrong with your car, it's so loud, it sounds like a boat". "There is nothing wrong with it at all, all engines sound like that before you choke them off"

Also same car (As you can see, this car polarized people) I had a boss that told me a lot of people were yelling at him because I would hammer it once I was out of the parking lot. I was a cocky dude at the time and I reminded him that it was not on company property, that it was a public road, and that he could tell the complainers that they can't do anything about it other than call the police, and even then they couldn't cite me unless they observed me doing it. From that point forward, in the parking lot, I idled in 1st gear in the parking lot. Of course that angered people for going "too slow"

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm going to go with Hack on this one. I had an SRT-4 that had one heck of a nice burble on over-run. I grew up though when cars naturally did this because of carbs and mostly because of lumpy cams. So to me it is simply the earmark of a performance engine.
As the earmark of a performance-modified engine (and particularly of a performance-modified engine from the past) where burbles and pops on the overrun are unavoidable consequences, it's one thing.

An exaggerated crackle-tune job on a newer engine to make it sound like it's a performance engine from the past, well, that's just as fake as push-on wheel covers that only look like aluminum wheels.

Norm

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Just wait remember, whistling exhaust ? Then some nice after market, windmill wheels that only spin while stopped........ a maybe.

Cracking off a strong & fast down shift, bleeding off some speed, is a power sound. Every gear, pop/crackle from 1k - 2k, stupid poser car. Really lame right up there with the LEDS

Seems like some just want to be noticed, no matter how frigging silly they sound or look .....

Legends in their own minds....:crackup:
pep
Sponsored