CPR Turbo kit for S550. S197 kit fits!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPR Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broke bum w no car
Hey guys, figured we'd post up since there is progress being made. Our already proven S197 kit fits this frame. Looks to be a matter of a new kmember design and a few small tweaks. These kit are going to hover around 7599. This will give you a choice of 76-80-84mm turbos for the same cost. The kit can be had for more with larger turbos, or less by deleting the down pipes and doing your own.

These can be had any number of different way. We'll start with the basics. Just like our S197 kits these will include forward facing headers, kmember, tubular core support, 5 inch down pipe that splits and goes back to stock catback, turbo blanket and choice of 76-84mm turbo. Can be had up over 98mm as well.

These will still include the garret cores massive intercooler. Look at current kits for the S550. Ford has pushed the dryer forward on the condenser for the AC and companies have started to really reduce intercooler size. Ours will remain 4.5in thick, 12 tall and 24 wide w cast tanks.
Our 2,000hp air to water will also be available.

The forward facing design with large down pipe has allowed us to put on large turbos and spool great. This is from less preturbine volume to pressurize and less restriction after the turbo. No cut outs required, and the system regularly belts out 1000rwhp+ thru full exhaust and air filter.

Just a little test fitting

And just checking for fun, the big turbos fit, too! 88mm here

These pics are a little look at what the kits will look like.

Delete the down pipes, put out the hood yourself, and go 7's.

Pedigree. Our base kit w a 76mm has been 8.2@169+ still sporting the 6R80. This week we saw another 8.5@166 with another 6R80. This one tipped the scales at 4020lbs lol. You can also order with a 94mm and put a street car deep in the 7's. At this point we are just adapting a few things so this proven kit can be installed on the S550
Sponsored

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Welcome Dustin! No better kit out there on the market! I can vouch for the quality of his work, his honesty and his business ethics! These kits are race proven yet make excellent daily drivers. If you get one of his kits you will not be disappointed! :)

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
What are the advantages to running a single vs smaller twins?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Checkmate

Glad you joined, Dustin.

Best place to be to advertise since svt s550 section is slow as balls.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
It's raining turbo kits! Love my twins but wouldn't mind having one giant snail.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Any chance of some in car videos but can we see acceleration say in 3rd gear with a pull from 1500rpm so we can see how the car makes boost and quick/crazy the revs climb.

I can find loads of videos of people launching with turbos with looks hugely entertaining but I would like to see what happens when your cruising along at 30mph-40mph in 3rd or 4th and just go WOT, does the car sit doing nothing due to lag or does it spool quickly and then pull your face off. :D

Rlhay2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper
Very interesting!

I had a CPR TT kit on my GT500, it is the reason I miss having a turbo Mustang. It was a kit that performed very well!

It may have been a tuning issue as I was using a local tuner or perhaps I just got a bad batch but after upgrading the wastegates to TIAL pieces, it was as reliable as it was solid performing!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CPR Turbo

CPR Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broke bum w no car
What are the advantages to running a single vs smaller twins?
There isn't much of a difference until probably 2,000+ hp. Then twins can just be flat easier to fit. There are small things here and there. Twins can have more air filter surface area than a single. But we've made 1000rwhp+ w the air filter in place. Usually twins run twin 3 in down pipes, where we run a single 5 inch. There is more area in 5 inches. It's actually very close to twin 3.5 down pipes. We've seen upwards of 1100rwhp thru full exhaust with a filter, and no cutouts.
Intercooling is a big one. You see twins feed one tube per side , flow up into one outlet. Vertical flowing coolers struggle keeping inlet temps down. The flow path for air generally is only 7-9 inches long. That is very little time and aluminum contact to pull out heat. Where our horizontal core is 24in of flow path. But you need to be careful. The longer the path, the more aluminum fins the charge runs into, pulling out heat, and causing pressure drop from restriction. We run our cores at 4.5in thick to combat this. It is even more of a concern w a good core like a Garrett where fin density is much higher. The lack of fun density is how companies fool the customer into rating an intercooler at "1200HP." They flow the core with poor fin density, short flow path, and it flows great. There is your HP rating. They don't mention it won't reject heat for squat. But most companies use cores like that because they are dirt cheap.

There are details here and there that fit the same way. At this level it's more design of the overall kit than twin vs single.

Any chance of some in car videos but can we see acceleration say in 3rd gear with a pull from 1500rpm so we can see how the car makes boost and quick/crazy the revs climb.

I can find loads of videos of people launching with turbos with looks hugely entertaining but I would like to see what happens when your cruising along at 30mph-40mph in 3rd or 4th and just go WOT, does the car sit doing nothing due to lag or does it spool quickly and then pull your face off. :D
1500 rpm? This is no TVS son! Lol
The boost threshold can be changed w all the sizes available. When we first did these they actually spooled too fast. We had 8psi by 3200. Turbine was always making noise driving around and if you had a stick, the BOV was always making noise. Cruising at a low rpm on the freeway would see boost if you leaned into it to pass also. That can cause surge or detonation, so we purposefully slowed it down a few hundred rpm. But it's not slow by any means. The kits can be done any number of ways. Larger power we generally slow them down a bit more. We saw a gain of 400ft/lbs to the tires in 500rpms. Tires had no chance. So you end up dialing the turbo back for traction, then give away the top end charge. So we'd pic something that was more controlled, and won't give up the top end.

First video shows how quick it can spool.
Made it when the competition like to say our kit spooled slow because our turbines were too big. Guess not since they use the same turbos we do now on their race cars lol

[ame]

Second was setup a little larger on the backside of the turbo for airport runs. Was looking more for top end. Car needed something stickier in a bad way

[ame]

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Intercooling is a big one. You see twins feed one tube per side , flow up into one outlet. Vertical flowing coolers struggle keeping inlet temps down. The flow path for air generally is only 7-9 inches long. That is very little time and aluminum contact to pull out heat. Where our horizontal core is 24in of flow path. But you need to be careful. The longer the path, the more aluminum fins the charge runs into, pulling out heat, and causing pressure drop from restriction. We run our cores at 4.5in thick to combat this. It is even more of a concern w a good core like a Garrett where fin density is much higher. The lack of fun density is how companies fool the customer into rating an intercooler at "1200HP." They flow the core with poor fin density, short flow path, and it flows great. There is your HP rating. They don't mention it won't reject heat for squat. But most companies use cores like that because they are dirt cheap.
Thank you for this great info. I went through this [costly] experience back in 2010 when I was building a custom TT for my SRT8 and the intercooler was one of the most challenging aspects of the whole kit. GOOD intercoolers that flow well and still can reduce heat are expensive and hard to find [at least back then]. You have some that flow very well but don't get enough time to cool the air down.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.