Sponsored

Coyote Stock!

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Should this new version of the Coyote be used instead of the first generation Coyote. I say yes it should. What says the rest of you?
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Uhmmmm.......I'm confused

OP
OP

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Coyote stock is a drag racing class where the engine must be 100% stock. With the first gen Coyote, racers have been as quick as 10.20 in the quarter mile. Google Coyote Stock....you will love what you learn.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Coyote stock is a drag racing class where the engine must be 100% stock. With the first gen Coyote, racers have been as quick as 10.20 in the quarter mile. Google Coyote Stock....you will love what you learn.
Ohhhh okay lol sorry I was drawing a blank.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
JPC has gone 9.96 with a factory sealed Coyote and some major weight reduction. Race weight was barely over 3,000lbs with driver and fuel.

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
JPC has gone 9.96 with a factory sealed Coyote and some major weight reduction. Race weight was barely over 3,000lbs with driver and fuel.
Holy crap, that sounds like a fun ride.

lil=john

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford ranger
I don't think this was with the factory( Ford Racing )tune. But jpc tune. But impressive none the less.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I don't think this was with the factory( Ford Racing )tune. But jpc tune. But impressive none the less.

That is likely. The engine itself(block, heads, intake manifold, rotating assembly, cams, etc) was completely sealed from Ford Racing but things like exhaust and tune were all custom.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
It's a delicate balance to be able to remove weight whilst still maintaining proper aerodynamics in trying to cut down your drag times. Like, the easiest way to remove weight would be to take off the hood, doors, trunklid, all body panels, chop off the roof and A, B, and C pillars, and then chop off the entire chassis behind the rear axle, but you start running into aerodynamic limitations at that point. Here's an example of somebody going the extreme weight-saving route to get the 1/4 times down (pictures at the bottom, including the finished car, which was basically just a floorpan and wheels and a single seat and an engine and transmission).

http://www.modified.com/features/0208_technical_assistance_program/

If you get your car looking like this, I think you could really put up some impressive numbers. I'd imagine that you could get the weight down under 2,000 pounds:

http://www.modified.com/features/0208_technical_assistance_program/photo_20.html

Sponsored
OP
OP

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
As long as the motor is stock, I will always be impressed. Chevy and Mopar have never done this. Weighing over 3,000lbs while using 81/2 inch slicks is unreal! I've been waiting for Chevy/Mopar to answer the Coyote Stock call......for a while now.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
As long as the motor is stock, I will always be impressed. Chevy and Mopar have never done this. Weighing over 3,000lbs while using 81/2 inch slicks is unreal! I've been waiting for Chevy/Mopar to answer the Coyote Stock call......for a while now.
Well Ford does have the advantage of having ALOT of older platforms that can reasonably accommodate the Coyote.

GM does too, but Mopar not so much. However I think I have seen something about a 91 Daytona that someone did a hack job and stuffed a new 392 into.

I think?

OP
OP

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Well Ford does have the advantage of having ALOT of older platforms that can reasonably accommodate the Coyote.

GM does too, but Mopar not so much. However I think I have seen something about a 91 Daytona that someone did a hack job and stuffed a new 392 into.

I think?
Fair enough, just as long as the motor is left completely stock and is N/A. Chevy did some testing with the Fox Body, the LS3 and LS7 did not cut the mustard....Maybe Mopar will be competition for the Coyote. I would not mind allowing them a 90 cid advantage....personally don't think it will help much.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Should this new version of the Coyote be used instead of the first generation Coyote. I say yes it should. What says the rest of you?
As a NMRA True street racer. I don't see this motor being in Coyote Stock. Unless it comes sealed from Ford and then Allowed by NMRA. These cars could easily run Coyote modified or even Factory stock or even a few other classes.

OEM Sealed Coyote Crate Engine: Part # M--‐6007--‐M50S is mandatory for all entries. Any internal or external engine modifications (including sensors: crank, cam, O2, etc…are strictly prohibited.​

OP
OP

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
As a NMRA True street racer. I don't see this motor being in Coyote Stock. Unless it comes sealed from Ford and then Allowed by NMRA. These cars could easily run Coyote modified or even Factory stock or even a few other classes.

OEM Sealed Coyote Crate Engine: Part # M--‐6007--‐M50S is mandatory for all entries. Any internal or external engine modifications (including sensors: crank, cam, O2, etc…are strictly prohibited.​
By all means leave it stock and seal the motor. I just think that it would be a good idea to replace the 1st gen with this one. This way, Ford can say that they are running a current production engine. Time for a update that all.
Sponsored