Coyote Sound

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Listening to my new MBRP Street Catback, it occurs to me it sounds a good deal like a 51 Mercury with Smitty mufflers: the quintessential 50's street rod. The deep rumble at idle and low speed is right, and the snapping, popping sound as the revs rise remind me of American Graffiti.

And then I remembered the Coyote firing order is the same as the classic Flathead and Y-Block V8s, the very engines that powered those street rods. So, could it be that's the similarity in the sound? It would be really kinda funny if Ford's most advanced V8 ever had an aural similarity to the V8s that began Ford's performance story, linked by something as mundane as firing order.
Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Oh.....

Listening to my new MBRP Street Catback, it occurs to me it sounds a good deal like a 51 Mercury with Smitty mufflers: the quintessential 50's street rod. The deep rumble at idle and low speed is right, and the snapping, popping sound as the revs rise remind me of American Graffiti.

And then I remembered the Coyote firing order is the same as the classic Flathead and Y-Block V8s, the very engines that powered those street rods. So, could it be that's the similarity in the sound? It would be really kinda funny if Ford's most advanced V8 ever had an aural similarity to the V8s that began Ford's performance story, linked by something as mundane as firing order.
Oh they were some Great Days, you bet they were, and some Great sounding street rods...... And lots of Fun at the Drive-in Movies, Darn what was her Name! :cheers::thumbsup:

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Hum.....

Old 5 oh........ Looks like not to many of the guys and gals remember the early flat heads fords and the the y-blocks motors...... Ha..... And Smitty mufflers, my 39 Chevy coupe with Split Exhaust, and glass packs, man we thought that was really cool then...... And 426 Super Stock Cars and the 427 Fords they were fun cars too, but the new 5.0 Mustang has a wonderful sound to my ear.... And i can drive it hard all day long with the AC on, not like my 1962 Corvette with no AC going from LA calif to Las Vegas in the summer time.... Thank You :ford:
Sponsored