Coyote LH cylinder head on back order.

Smogz207

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tanner
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My cars (17 GT) been down for over 2 months now because ford is on backorder of the 15-19 coyote LH cylinder head. And they have no estimated time of availability at the moment. Anyone have any recommendations for what I should do next to get one? No dealers have any and no savage yards have them. They have to be making them since I’m pretty positive the 19s use the same heads as the 15-17 motors. Getting pretty frustrated I don’t have my car because of this.
Sponsored

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
My cars (17 GT) been down for over 2 months now because ford is on backorder of the 15-19 coyote LH cylinder head. And they have no estimated time of availability at the moment. Anyone have any recommendations for what I should do next to get one? No dealers have any and no savage yards have them. They have to be making them since I’m pretty positive the 19s use the same heads as the 15-17 motors. Getting pretty frustrated I don’t have my car because of this.
15 - 17 do not use same heads as 18+. Go to Fordparts.com. When it shows "For your prices and availability select a dealer" it's available. A part like that should come back in stock relatively quickly, I wouldn't get discouraged.

OP
OP
Smogz207

Smogz207

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tanner
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
15 - 17 do not use same heads as 18+. Go to Fordparts.com. When it shows "For your prices and availability select a dealer" it's available. A part like that should come back in stock relatively quickly, I wouldn't get discouraged.
Yeah I did that, also no dealers have them. I even tried calling like MMR and a few others to see if they have one laying around. It’s been on back order since November. And the 18/19 LH heads are also on backorder that’s what made me think they’re the same.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Man that really sucks and not good to hear. I know the frustration of waiting and not having your car you either paid for or are making payments on. I dumped my Camaro, got so frustrated over the transmission issues and the car being at the dealer a month.

I'd keep after them or go to the dealership owner and express your frustration and ask them to buy the car back. Keep the pressure on them. It sure won't hurt to try.....

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You've checked the entire country, and no one has a motor out of a wrecked 15-17 GT they could pull a head off of?

Hell, I've found some right here; http://www.car-part.com/ I put in 2016 5.0L LH cylinder head, and found a few.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Smogz207

Smogz207

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tanner
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You've checked the entire country, and no one has a motor out of a wrecked 15-17 GT they could pull a head off of?

Hell, I've found some right here; http://www.car-part.com/ I put in 2016 5.0L LH cylinder head, and found a few.
Yeah man, I drove to the one in FL and the timing cover was crushed right into the head the wreck was so bad. The other two in GA no luck with those. Most of the wrecked 15-17 they sell the motor as a whole and if not the motor must have been pretty messed up the heads are junk.

OP
OP
Smogz207

Smogz207

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tanner
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Do you guys think I should try to get in contact with a regional rep?

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Out of curiosity what went wrong with the original head?

Thanks,

bcreed1983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GT, 14 F150 FX4, 17 Escape
I work in a dealership parts department and what we do when we run across something like this as a dealer looking out for our customers is what they call a next level assembly which in this case would be a long block. I just checked and there is still not ETA for that head being available but complete long blocks are readily available. I would be nice about it but talk to your dealer and see if they can get a ford rep involved and try to get you a long block since the part that you need is not available. I am assuming that this is a warranty issue, if its not warranty then what I said is null and void and you will have to wait. Hope this helps

Sponsored
OP
OP
Smogz207

Smogz207

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tanner
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I work in a dealership parts department and what we do when we run across something like this as a dealer looking out for our customers is what they call a next level assembly which in this case would be a long block. I just checked and there is still not ETA for that head being available but complete long blocks are readily available. I would be nice about it but talk to your dealer and see if they can get a ford rep involved and try to get you a long block since the part that you need is not available. I am assuming that this is a warranty issue, if its not warranty then what I said is null and void and you will have to wait. Hope this helps
Yeah it’s not warranty work, that’s too bad. Thanks for looking. Will putting in a request from the dealer speed things up at all?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is this for warranty repair or not, because the initial posting and question about contacting a Regional Rep would appear it’s warranty related... but then your response above seems that it’s not warranty related?

If it is not warranty related, a Regional Rep isn’t going to do anything for someone looking to do repair work on their own or looking to buy a Ford part that is on national back order.

If it IS warranty related, then yes, call the Ford 800# and get a CSR for your region who will establish a Case number for your vehicle and concerns. This would elevate your repair order; however if X-parts are not available to accelerate your repairs, there’s really not much that can be done, because a supplier issue is out of everyone’s hands. Ford Dealerships do have the ability to make other decisions as bcreed1983 has mentioned. To keep and satisfy what is called “Customer Loyalty”, the Dealership can contact their Rep and see if they can order a complete assembly (long block) since the head cannot be sourced independently.

Again, if this is warranty repair, be sure to review your State Lemon Law guidelines. In some States you are protected if the car has been inop at a Dealership for x-days and that alone would qualify for a Buy Back claim.
Sponsored