Sponsored

Coyote boost newbie.. couple questions before I start ordering

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Ok, before I go down this rabbit hole ;) .. Long time fox guy converting and just got my first coyote, 15’, manual

So I don’t want to get carried away as so many of my past projects did. I want all the drivability and torque for a street car with 8-10lbs and on the best $$ I can do it on.

So minimum mods I’m at now
lowered
Soon to be corsa cat back
-First question, is a new/better clutch needed when at 600’ish whp?If so suggested kits or setups for a DD/weekend warrior car.

At the moment Nothing else really planned other then deciding on what kit to go with And what parts I should replace.
-Is Driveline upgrade Needed?

-Next question, ..I know I want the blower noise, Looking for a bolt on kit with option to repulley/retune later. Procharger or Paxton seem to fit this ?

So what kit(s) should I be considering ?
Tuning is something else I’m confused sorta and need that also.

I’m all ears. Thnx
Sponsored

Jaywebs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt. 2019 c7 z06. 2019 rs5
If your goal is 600, there is no need to swap out your clutch. Driveline is not an issue until you put a sticky tire on and /or track it on a prepped surface. At that point half shafts, driveshaft, clutch and trans become the week link. However, I believe oil pump gears are an issue on those engines so i would recommend replacing them. I am partial to procharger because of ease of installation and because they put out a great product. A stage 2 setup with a p1x blower from them comes default at 8.6lbs of boost and will make 600+ easy with no other supporting mods other than what is included in the kit. If you feel down the road you may want more power, i would opt for a bigger head unit like a d1x or f1a-94. I have a p1x and at 17lbs it makes 930 wheel, which is plenty for me. As far as the tuning, you can opt to have procharger send you a tune which will work fine or you can order the tuner kit and that will require a tune from an outside source like Lund or Palm beach dyno along with there specified tuning device. Thats all done remote through email. Hope this helps shed a little light.

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
I went with a vortech v3-jt for my 19 gt. I’m making 660 rwhp and I haven’t replaced my trans or any shafts. I did get a billet opg and sprocket. That’s something you should do as if it goes it’ll be costly. I heard the opg is the coyotes weak point. But I ended up having to put Firestone Indy 500 tires on in order to get any grip. Without those tires I went nowhere in wot.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Ok, before I go down this rabbit hole ;) .. Long time fox guy converting and just got my first coyote, 15’, manual

So I don’t want to get carried away as so many of my past projects did. I want all the drivability and torque for a street car with 8-10lbs and on the best $$ I can do it on.

So minimum mods I’m at now
lowered
Soon to be corsa cat back
-First question, is a new/better clutch needed when at 600’ish whp?If so suggested kits or setups for a DD/weekend warrior car.

At the moment Nothing else really planned other then deciding on what kit to go with And what parts I should replace.
-Is Driveline upgrade Needed?

-Next question, ..I know I want the blower noise, Looking for a bolt on kit with option to repulley/retune later. Procharger or Paxton seem to fit this ?

So what kit(s) should I be considering ?
Tuning is something else I’m confused sorta and need that also.

I’m all ears. Thnx
If you aren't taking it to the track, the driveshaft and axles should handle a good amount of power before becoming an issue. Out of all the kits, I've used Procharger, turbo setups and a Whipple briefly on the Coyote platform and I would go with the Whipple every time personally. The Procharger didn't make the low end power to make me happy, the turbos were a pain in the but to install and was always chasing exhaust leaks, the Whipple went on quickly and gave me power everywhere.

You don't have to break the law to have fun with the Whipple where as the others you do XD. If you have any questions about any of the setups, feel free to shoot me a message. Lethalperformance.com

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
Don’t forget to mention he’ll have to wait 8 months after he pays for it before he even gets it.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I would go with the Whipple every time personally. The Procharger didn't make the low end power to make me happy, the turbos were a pain in the but to install and was always chasing exhaust leaks, the Whipple went on quickly and gave me power everywhere.

You don't have to break the law to have fun with the Whipple where as the others you do XD. If you have any questions about any of the setups, feel free to shoot me a message. Lethalperformance.com
100%. Nothing beats a PD blower for massive fun during every day driving..........

19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019

I own a whipple 3.0L. I drove a tvs car making less horsepower both cars on 93. I can confidently say the torque is much better in the vmp which made the driving experience more fun. But the whipple is awesome. The torque does matter!. But, I also waited 26 weeks for my Whipple. I think vmp is your choice. Positive displacement is king especially in manuals for fun driving IN MY OPINION!

Everyone has an opinion just like everyone has an asshole..

The whipple has good power all throughout the range. For a regular driver I would go vmp 2650. You'll most likely get the kit much sooner than the whipple and be able to enjoy the boost rather than waiting over 4+ months, because of back order and supply chain issues. Chances are you won't need the extra capabilities of the whipple. Most people aren't going to even try to run it over 18 psi. As a whipple customer you wont be disappointed with the product. I am very happy with my purchase. Watch this video link. It is 100% true. You can always add boost to the whipple to increase the torque but I think the tvs will be more fun.

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
10-4 on the clutch, new to the coyote world and just don’t know here where the edge of the stock stuff might he

Ya I’ve heard the whipple wait is long,. Looking to get a kit apron and tuned for the summer.

Ive had fox cars with centri blowers and always hated the long wait for the boost feel, rode in a old KB /302 car back in the day and remember being shocked how violent it was , right off the hit.

that’s what I want again.Checking out Vmp’s now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
That sound is whati want also ;)

So next question, best deals are where? Any codes and/or site sponsors that I should help or be asking questions too?

Sponsored

AndrewMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
@19BULLITTwhipple

Whst do you mean?

im new here..lol
He's saying check out beefcake racing, they got good support and their beefcake specials are pretty much end-to-end install at a good price. Really cant go wrong with beefcake, lethal, vmp, jpc etc. Cant go wrong with support from any of the companies above or around here. I've called beefcake, jpc and lethal and they've all answered all my questions for ordering and been hugely helpful.

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
10-4 on the clutch, new to the coyote world and just don’t know here where the edge of the stock stuff might he

Ya I’ve heard the whipple wait is long,. Looking to get a kit apron and tuned for the summer.

Ive had fox cars with centri blowers and always hated the long wait for the boost feel, rode in a old KB /302 car back in the day and remember being shocked how violent it was , right off the hit.

that’s what I want again.Checking out Vmp’s now.
A centrifugal on a s550 is nothing like on a fox

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Very happy with my VMP 2.3, and thats after a dozen years with a Whipple 2.3 on a Terminator. The Gen 3 VMP is probably a better choice at this point. Dont buy their tunes. They haven't quite figured out how to do the throttle. Clutch? Yeah the stocker will hold up. But get a McLeod RST dual disk. Nice light pedal like Grandma's Falcon, but will easily hold 800 hp.
Sponsored