Sponsored

Coyote boost newbie.. couple questions before I start ordering

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
just messaged him

Ya I’ve heard that also, I admit, haven’t rode in one yet..as550 centri blower car.

Nice
kinda intrigued by the vmp stuff.

but quick glance, the base kit looks like enough boost to push the limits of the edge of stock Opg ? No?
the OPG replacement is a myth. Plenty of people have run over 900whp on a blower at over 8000 rpm into the 8s 1/4 mi for thousands of miles and hundreds of passes and zero issues. I'm one of them.

Most people who started this myth are the parts vendors. Wonder why.
Sponsored

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
the OPG replacement is a myth. Plenty of people have run over 900whp on a blower at over 8000 rpm into the 8s 1/4 mi for thousands of miles and hundreds of passes and zero issues. I'm one of them.

Most people who started this myth are the parts vendors. Wonder why.
The shop who installed my vortech told me he had a 17 gt with a whipple and he made 700rwhp and he ended up blowing his engine cause of his opg. I guess it’s up to luck.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The shop who installed my vortech told me he had a 17 gt with a whipple and he made 700rwhp and he ended up blowing his engine cause of his opg. I guess it’s up to luck.
Abrupt start stop like pounding the limiter and 2 step seems to trash the stock OPG. don't do that and you're gold

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The shop that installed your vortech told you that, so they could add billable hours. Ask the tuners who see 100% of the builds, the OPG issue is over stated, its less than 1%.

Take everything with a grain of salt that comes from someone who has a financial benefit in adding labor or parts to your bill. This is literally the same as taking fishing advice from a fish.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The opg problem is going to have a lot to do with how you drive the car. Start hitting the limiter and you will have problems but if you can drive your fine. I would change the opg if you are ever working on the engine close enough to make sense. I would not go change just the opg

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
about 1/2 the people we sell kits to do opgs, i've had guys go years even on gen 1s with no issue, and we've seen them break quickly. especially at higher rpm. if money is no object, there is no downside to doing them

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Ok

said stick car with just catback and p1x with 8lbs and fic 1000’s

Stock fuel pump with bap or can a slightly bigger pump and no bap be used?

kinda thinking the bap route , so I could easily go back to stock later

but am curious?

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
thats what we do with most people, thousands and bap

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
They tend to have more faults knock when shifting
I'm experiencing something similar in my tt set up. Usually on a hard 3rd gear shift. I think its being caused by wheel hop but I haven't ruled out the possibility my trans is getting ready to go out... upgrading my suspension first and hopefully that solves it. If not I'll be upgrading my trans sooner than I planned.

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Also on such a mild setup is the ngk 6510 the plug to use or the Ford racing plug?