Coyote Black Oil Pump Gears

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Ordered these newly designed (past 2 months) OPG's from Boundary and would like to see if anyone else has installed them. I'm usually skeptical in ordering new things and I don't like to be a guinea pig, but Boundary has a solid reputation and is local to me and after speaking to Travis, I was reassured in my decision to purchase.

https://www.boundarypumps.com/ford-v8-cayote-1/coyote-black-oil-pump-gears
CM-OPG-Black2x800.png
Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Seems like a pretty cool design. I have the normal boundaries and they seem to be working great.

OP
OP

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
You may be one of the first few out there that are going to be giving these a try, i do say they are badass and you simply cant go wrong with Boundary in my opinion!
Guess I will report my findings when they are installed!

OP
OP

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Seems like a pretty cool design. I have the normal boundaries and they seem to be working great.
That is the general consensus I've heard. Had them in my Whippled GT350R and didn't have any issues. Will report findings when I have installed. I was told that the oil pressure is roughly 10 psi higher than the first version. We shall see

Sponsored

OP
OP

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Did you order it with the anti-cavitation backing plate for the pump housing? i believe Boundary recommends getting that with the black gears.
Yes sir, I ordered it as well. They Said the reason they recommend it is because the black is a much harder material and it'll beat up the aluminum over time. So a martenWear finish on MartenWear finish is a tighter tolerance and better than MartenWear on Aluminum.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Yes sir, I ordered it as well. They Said the reason they recommend it is because the black is a much harder material and it'll beat up the aluminum over time. So a martenWear finish on MartenWear finish is a tighter tolerance and better than MartenWear on Aluminum.
Nice, I was wondering what the logic was. That makes sense.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Ordered these newly designed (past 2 months) OPG's from Boundary and would like to see if anyone else has installed them. I'm usually skeptical in ordering new things and I don't like to be a guinea pig, but Boundary has a solid reputation and is local to me and after speaking to Travis, I was reassured in my decision to purchase.

https://www.boundarypumps.com/ford-v8-cayote-1/coyote-black-oil-pump-gears
CM-OPG-Black2x800.png
Don’t need them at all because I have the boring old regular Boundary gears.... but now I want those...

OP
OP

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Don’t need them at all because I have the boring old regular Boundary gears.... but now I want those...
i honestly don't see the need to "upgrade" to these unless you get bored one day and have the time to do it! At least you have them in your car...

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
i honestly don't see the need to "upgrade" to these unless you get bored one day and have the time to do it! At least you have them in your car...
You are 100% right. Zero need to do it. Means at some point I probably will. Will likely wait till I sleeve the block though.

OP
OP

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
You are 100% right. Zero need to do it. Means at some point I probably will. Will likely wait till I sleeve the block though.
Nice, hows the motor holding up with all that power? No issues? I'll take some photos and let you know about oil pressure and such when I get them installed. Doing Cams and ATI Damper at the same time.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Zero issues, been supercharged for 20k miles now. Luckily, traction is still the weakest link, even with 305’s outback. Tires break loose before something major has the chance to break.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Digging this back up, anybody have first hand experience with this ported gerotor oil pump set yet? Also, I'm looking for info on their "MartenWear" surface finish, can't find anything. I'm guessing it's just a proprietary heat treat and tumble polish after surface grinding. Insight welcome.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Those look really nice. Not too many people running them yet but I'm sure we'll see more and more feedback as time goes on. We're running the regular Boundary OPG's in Goldmember and they've worked out great for us. It's the only engine mod we did on that car and it's held together for tons of 10, 9 and 8 second passes.

Anyone looking to pick up a set feel free to give us a shout. We've got plenty of Boundary in stock and are always here to help with any questions you may have.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/b...15-2019-gt350-2015-2017-f-150-2020-gt500.html
cm-opg-black2x800.png

https://www.lethalperformance.com/b...l-pump-gears-and-camshaft-sprocket-combo.html
bdr.jpg
Sponsored