Sponsored

Covid vaccinations stopped for under 50 and other science updates

arigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 eco pp mustang
never seen anybody get a ticket for not wearing a mask that protects other people's health... so anyway, when you got out of the doc's office and got in your car, did you put on your "seatbelt of tyranny"?... lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
never seen anybody get a ticket for not wearing a mask that protects other people's health... so anyway, when you got out of the doc's office and got in your car, did you put on your "seatbelt of tyranny"?... lol
Hello; Difference being a seatbelt has a greater efficiency of protection. In other words, wearing a seatbelt has the potential to do much more good. Back in the day a when I was in high school a friend's father bought a 1964 Ford Galaxy 500. He took me for a ride the first time he had it out. A small twisty two lane. It had rained earlier in the day but was dry except in one tight corner. On the inside of that curve a big puddle had formed which did not drain off the road. He hit that puddle at speed, and we went spinning around striking small trees. Put damage on every panel except the roof. Fist car i was ever in with lap belts. I did not move at all and was not hurt. Neither was my friend. I got some aftermarket lap belts and put them in my family's car.

Do not get me wrong it is possible to have face coverings which protect at maybe 60 to 80% if you try. Call the more ordinary sort of cloth or paper mask "obedience masks" around here. I also get the notion of "I am wearing a mask to protect others" which was a catchphrase for a time. Yeah, a simple mask will catch the bigger drops of a cough, sneeze or shout. However the covid virus came to be known to pass thru the masks by simple breathing. Don't know how accurate this analogy was but did hear the simple masks might be less than 30% effective.
A funny thing is those still wearing the less effective masks also, so very often, have their nose sticking out in the air.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Comparing a mask to a seat belt is well funny.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Saw during a news commentary show today. Now the majority of deaths from Covid are from among the vaccinated at 58%. I take that to mean more vaccinated are dying than unvaccinated. Perhaps someone can confirm??

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Too bad we cannot post this info in the thread with the so called experts.

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Hello; Saw during a news commentary show today. Now the majority of deaths from Covid are from among the vaccinated at 58%. I take that to mean more vaccinated are dying than unvaccinated. Perhaps someone can confirm??
Correct. But the first round of vaccinations are very high, so it follows that more deaths are among the vaccinated due to sheer numbers of vaccinated people.
02D8480D-B36F-4B67-9DD1-3586556D2EA2.png

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Correct. But the first round of vaccinations are very high, so it follows that more deaths are among the vaccinated due to sheer numbers of vaccinated people.
02D8480D-B36F-4B67-9DD1-3586556D2EA2.png
Hello; I understand the new spin. I will present an analogy or two later. Here is the notion I have had about preventative medicines such as vaccine. For several decades i took vaccines with the understanding if the formulation is correct for the virus/bacteria that i would be protected from the pathogen in question.
The flu is often used as an example of a vaccine that can not be 100%. Thing is the flu mutates quickly and often. It also takes months to make the flu shots. They make an educated guess about which flu will be predominant in the months to come. Sometimes a new strain shows up. The flu shot is not effective for that new strain. However it will be effective for the strain it was made to combat. Not a flaw in the flu shot of not being able to fight the particular strain.

The covid shots were advertised as being effective against the Covid strains and has continued to be said to be effective. Thing is the story went from get the covid shot and be protected to keep getting more and more shots and you will not be as ill as the unvaccinated. Seems to me death is a serious outcome in an illness. That 18 more out of a 100 who are vaccinated do die does not sound right. The 58% is given as a percentage. It is 58% of the total. The way it reads to me is if 100 vaccinated get covid and 100 unvaccinated get covid, then 18 more of the vaccinated are dying.

My analogies. Pretty much all vehicles have seatbelts. Not everyone wears them. If deaths were reported to be 58% among those wearing seatbelts and less for those not wearing seatbelts such would be a big deal.
Another analogy is lifejackets. If it was reported that 58% of drownings were of those actually wearing lifejackets, such would also a big deal.

EDIT - My math is off about the number 18. Should be only eight. (8).

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'm starting to see more wearing masks. Even kids waiting to get on the school bus.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I understand the new spin. I will present an analogy or two later. Here is the notion I have had about preventative medicines such as vaccine. For several decades i took vaccines with the understanding if the formulation is correct for the virus/bacteria that i would be protected from the pathogen in question.
The flu is often used as an example of a vaccine that can not be 100%. Thing is the flu mutates quickly and often. It also takes months to make the flu shots. They make an educated guess about which flu will be predominant in the months to come. Sometimes a new strain shows up. The flu shot is not effective for that new strain. However it will be effective for the strain it was made to combat. Not a flaw in the flu shot of not being able to fight the particular strain.

The covid shots were advertised as being effective against the Covid strains and has continued to be said to be effective. Thing is the story went from get the covid shot and be protected to keep getting more and more shots and you will not be as ill as the unvaccinated. Seems to me death is a serious outcome in an illness. That 18 more out of a 100 who are vaccinated do die does not sound right. The 58% is given as a percentage. It is 58% of the total. The way it reads to me is if 100 vaccinated get covid and 100 unvaccinated get covid, then 18 more of the vaccinated are dying.

My analogies. Pretty much all vehicles have seatbelts. Not everyone wears them. If deaths were reported to be 58% among those wearing seatbelts and less for those not wearing seatbelts such would be a big deal.
Another analogy is lifejackets. If it was reported that 58% of drownings were of those actually wearing lifejackets, such would also a big deal.

EDIT - My math is off about the number 18. Should be only eight. (8).
Hello; Need to make a correction. It is 8 (eight) more vaccinated deaths out of 100 covid deaths not 18. 58% of vaccinated deaths still is a greater majority.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
That is accurate, for the month of August. This includes people who have only had one of the two primary vaccines. Considering variants, it's not a surprise and again, this is for just one month. We will be learning about this for a long time. I'm curious what the death rates are now and the severe case rate is. I see almost no one wearing masks, anywhere outside of medical buildings, but I just saw that a city in China is going on lockdown again.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious what the death rates are now and the severe case rate is. I see almost no one wearing masks, anywhere outside of medical buildings,
I just looked at the numbers for Ky. The death rate is just at or below 1%. So the same as when the mask mandates were in effect.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Covid boosters provide only limited protection against illness, new study finds (msn.com)

Hello; And the beat goes on

“This protection is not 100 per cent, but it is something,” Dr Ruth Link-Gelles, an epidemiologist at the CDC, told CNN. Ms Link-Gelles explained that the boosters’ 90 to 100 per cent protection success was seen when they were first introduced in 2020, before dropping to 70 per cent against the Delta variant and eventually to 50 per cent against Omicron.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I've been noticing that many are sick around here. Every business I deal with has one or more people out sick. My grand daughters school has kids missing every day. Several of her friends are sick.

As far as her friends go they have been sick several times so far this school year.

I know this is a small sample but I wonder if all the masking and constant sanitizing has reduced the effectiveness of our immune systems?

I am not vaxed nor did I ever wear a mask, I have not been sick outside of a cold. My grand daughter is not jabbed and only wore a mask at school, which I think is child abuse, I digress... anyway she has not been sick either.

I did predict this could happen and was ridiculed, said I was spreading misinformation and called a conspiracy theorist in the other thread when I asked this as a question during the mask mandates. Makes me wonder if I was right.,

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I've been noticing that many are sick around here. Every business I deal with has one or more people out sick. My grand daughters school has kids missing every day. Several of her friends are sick.

As far as her friends go they have been sick several times so far this school year.

I know this is a small sample but I wonder if all the masking and constant sanitizing has reduced the effectiveness of our immune systems?

I am not vaxed nor did I ever wear a mask, I have not been sick outside of a cold. My grand daughter is not jabbed and only wore a mask at school, which I think is child abuse, I digress... anyway she has not been sick either.

I did predict this could happen and was ridiculed, said I was spreading misinformation and called a conspiracy theorist in the other thread when I asked this as a question during the mask mandates. Makes me wonder if I was right.,
Hello; That "misinformation" tactic was used against most anyone who questioned the authorities. Such worked as long as those in charge of sites like this with an open discussion section went along.
The "misinformation" tactic was used in other similar sites. Here the mods restricted privileges of individuals such as you, myself and others. On the other site I visit they just closed down the threads, often erasing all posts.
Some championed strong support of the official line(s) even as the goalposts were moved, and catchphrases reversed and otherwise altered. Those members were allowed to continue while some of us were painted with forms of ridicule as you say.
Being correct did not seem to play into the situation at the time. Likely still will not in the minds of some. What seemed more important was who fell in line and followed obediently.

Guess it could have been worse during the lockdowns. In China they apparently welded or somehow locked people inside of buildings for long times to keep them locked down. Heard where one such building burned with people locked inside.
Sponsored