Sponsored

Covid vaccinations stopped for under 50 and other science updates

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I understand the new spin. I will present an analogy or two later. Here is the notion I have had about preventative medicines such as vaccine. For several decades i took vaccines with the understanding if the formulation is correct for the virus/bacteria that i would be protected from the pathogen in question.
The flu is often used as an example of a vaccine that can not be 100%. Thing is the flu mutates quickly and often. It also takes months to make the flu shots. They make an educated guess about which flu will be predominant in the months to come. Sometimes a new strain shows up. The flu shot is not effective for that new strain. However it will be effective for the strain it was made to combat. Not a flaw in the flu shot of not being able to fight the particular strain.

The covid shots were advertised as being effective against the Covid strains and has continued to be said to be effective. Thing is the story went from get the covid shot and be protected to keep getting more and more shots and you will not be as ill as the unvaccinated. Seems to me death is a serious outcome in an illness. That 18 more out of a 100 who are vaccinated do die does not sound right. The 58% is given as a percentage. It is 58% of the total. The way it reads to me is if 100 vaccinated get covid and 100 unvaccinated get covid, then 18 more of the vaccinated are dying.

My analogies. Pretty much all vehicles have seatbelts. Not everyone wears them. If deaths were reported to be 58% among those wearing seatbelts and less for those not wearing seatbelts such would be a big deal.
Another analogy is lifejackets. If it was reported that 58% of drownings were of those actually wearing lifejackets, such would also a big deal.

EDIT - My math is off about the number 18. Should be only eight. (8).
Your analogies are flawed because you don’t present the percentage of people who actually wear seatbelts and life jackets. If 80% of the people wear their seatbelt but only 58% of deaths are among those doing so, you’ve just taken the first step toward proving the efficacy of seatbelts

How this doesn’t make sense to you is beyond me.
Your math his also flawed

They aren’t talking about the relative percentages.
They‘re literally saying that 58% or covid deaths are amongst the vaccinated whilst 42% aren’t.
Let’s take 10,000 people. Let’s say that 80% are vaccinated.
We now have 8,000 vaxed and 2,000 unvaxed in the population.
Let’s say that 100 of them die. 58 of them will be vaccinated from a pool of 8,000 whilst 42 of them will be unvaccinated from a pool of 2,000.
Doesn’t look so appealing when you actually do it properly.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Meanwhile Faucci continues his everyone get vaxed agenda.

Water vapor is the number 1 green house gas
Yes, water vapour is an extremely potent (and abundant) GHG. But, you’re missing part of the puzzle when you make such a basic statement.

For every degree Celsius that Earth’s atmospheric temperature rises, the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere can increase by about 7%, according to the laws of thermodynamics.
Some people mistakenly believe water vapor is the main driver of Earth’s current warming. But increased water vapor doesn’t cause global warming. Instead, it’s a consequence of it. Increased water vapor in the atmosphere amplifies the warming caused by other greenhouse gases.

You've had this explained to you previously. Repeatedly.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know about others but with what I've read about the VAX. and re-VAX 4 times over.

It's more of a death sentence than the covid. There is plenty of proof behind that statement. No, I'm not spelling it out or adding links.

Do your own research, it is really very easy to find. I much rather and am taking my chances with covid.

Good luck, I'll pass

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Your analogies are flawed because you don’t present the percentage of people who actually wear seatbelts and life jackets. If 80% of the people wear their seatbelt but only 58% of deaths are among those doing so, you’ve just taken the first step toward proving the efficacy of seatbelts

How this doesn’t make sense to you is beyond me.
Your math his also flawed

They aren’t talking about the relative percentages.
They‘re literally saying that 58% or covid deaths are amongst the vaccinated whilst 42% aren’t.
Let’s take 10,000 people. Let’s say that 80% are vaccinated.
We now have 8,000 vaxed and 2,000 unvaxed in the population.
Let’s say that 100 of them die. 58 of them will be vaccinated from a pool of 8,000 whilst 42 of them will be unvaccinated from a pool of 2,000.
Doesn’t look so appealing when you actually do it properly.
Hello; I get it. Of 100 dead from Covid recently 58 were vaccinated while 42 were unvaccinated. A simple number difference of 16 more dead who are vaccinated. I get the contention that the population of vaccinated is greater than the population of unvaccinated. You seem comfortable with this take and my guess is others will be also.
I am not quite so comfortable with such a math interpretation. Thing is as in my imperfect analogies of lifejackets and seatbelts; vaccines are also supposed to protect us from disease. That the greater number of deaths came from the vaccinated is what caught my attention.

As has been happening with most other Covid related issues, when some bad news crops up there is a spin. We continue to be told to take the vaccine. The benefits of doing so are now reduced to the vaccinated will get covid but will not get as sick as the unvaccinated. If somehow you can be comfortable with 16 more deaths per 100 being among the vaccinated than those who are unvaccinated, so be it. You have made a case and it is up to each of us to weigh the information.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You seem comfortable with this take and my guess is others will be also.
It’s not about “being comfortable”.
It’s about understanding that the numbers quite clearly indicate that the risk of death from covid are significantly greater for those who aren’t vaccinated. (Which is not to say that the risk of death from Covid is particularly great for most people)

In the hypothetical I posted, the risk of death was nearly 300% greater for the unvaccinated group.

(Vaccinated = 7.25 deaths per thousand vs unvaccinated deaths at 21 per thousand)

The assumption in my scenario being that the population is 80% vaccinated. Actual figures may vary and it also depends on what exactly is considered “vaccinated”.
Regardless, it’s a good way of demonstrating how the numbers actually work.

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Seems legit.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
@Burkey will find a way to call this spokesperson a right wing nutjob or Q-anon or doesn't understand the information.

Anyone who has been paying attention, especially in the begining knows that if positive for covid it was a covid death, even if it was a gunshot that killed the person.
Seems legit.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Seems legit.

"Technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had covid at the same time it's
are listed as a covid death. So, everyone listed as a covid death doesn't mean that was the cause of the death. but they had covid at the time."

Hello; hope I transcribed it correctly. I await the spin.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
That is a good transcription of the video. My Dr sister, who they ridiculed for refusing the shot, has first hand confirmation that this was true.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
80%
"Technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had covid at the same time it's
are listed as a covid death. So, everyone listed as a covid death doesn't mean that was the cause of the death. but they had covid at the time."

This is exactly what happened and was first reported found,

NY was fast a loose with the numbers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
That is a good transcription of the video. My Dr sister, who they ridiculed for refusing the shot, has first hand confirmation that this was true.
Hello; I have often thought of that episode back during the height of the everyone must get the jab push. As I recall she was in tears because she had to take the jab or lose her job. The same vaccine champions who continue today with the twists and spins were gleeful at the prospect. They seemed glad such mandates were happening. Some calling for even stricter measures. Still troubles me when I think of it. Best to never forget how far some were willing to go back then. They have not changed and will do such and even worse if given a chance. I consider it a cautionary tale and a warning.

Interesting how personal choice (my body =my choice) went out the window in the minds of some on here. Wonder if any of them wanted lockdowns and mandates of the sort that happen in China??

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
@Burkey will find a way to call this spokesperson a right wing nutjob or Q-anon or doesn't understand the information.

Anyone who has been paying attention, especially in the begining knows that if positive for covid it was a covid death, even if it was a gunshot that killed the person.
Hello; Such is the standard practice of a few. If someone disagrees it is because we are too dumb to understand.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
As I recall she was in tears because she had to take the jab or lose her job. The same vaccine champions who continue today with the twists and spins were gleeful at the prospect. They seemed glad such mandates were happening.
You remember correctly.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Hope she is doing well.
Thanks for the well wishes. She retired from medicine. Luckily her husband makes enough money she does not need the big salary.
Sponsored