Sponsored

Couple questions for owners.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Hi y’all. I’m tip toeing here from the 50th anniversary area. Yep, still driving it.

I’m considering a gt500 to replace the 50th. It’ll be my daily. That said, I’m curious about a couple options that I don’t see. I’ll be ordering a base model with tech package. Probably velocity blue and I’ll be putting Wimbledon white stripes on it. (My best friend owns a vinyl/wrap shop).

1) I see with tech package it adds blind spot thing, but does it have lane monitoring and adaptive cruise? My wife’s fusion has it and I actually like it for those late night long drives we’ll be taking when I retire (I hope).

2) does it have heated steering wheel?

3) how do the seat coolers work? In the early s550’s, they pretty much suck. Did Ford get them working better? My wife’s 19 fusion they work GREAT!

None of these are a deal breaker, just wondering what to expect when it comes. If it comes. I’m waiting to hear from my dealer when they will get another allocation. It may be awhile (but I won’t pay an adm).

Thanksin advance, y’all! Meanwhile, I’m going prep for this storm (ida) that’s about to be coming in my front door…..
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi y’all. I’m tip toeing here from the 50th anniversary area. Yep, still driving it.

I’m considering a gt500 to replace the 50th. It’ll be my daily. That said, I’m curious about a couple options that I don’t see. I’ll be ordering a base model with tech package. Probably velocity blue and I’ll be putting Wimbledon white stripes on it. (My best friend owns a vinyl/wrap shop).

1) I see with tech package it adds blind spot thing, but does it have lane monitoring and adaptive cruise? My wife’s fusion has it and I actually like it for those late night long drives we’ll be taking when I retire (I hope).

2) does it have heated steering wheel?

3) how do the seat coolers work? In the early s550’s, they pretty much suck. Did Ford get them working better? My wife’s 19 fusion they work GREAT!

None of these are a deal breaker, just wondering what to expect when it comes. If it comes. I’m waiting to hear from my dealer when they will get another allocation. It may be awhile (but I won’t pay an adm).

Thanksin advance, y’all! Meanwhile, I’m going prep for this storm (ida) that’s about to be coming in my front door…..
No lane assist or adaptive cruise.. No heated steering wheel. Not sure on the seat coolers, as I have Recaro

Come on in, the waters fine :thumbsup:

505GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lawrence
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500; Oxford White; Kona Blue Stripes
The seat coolers work fine in mine but the fan is pretty loud. Same way with my old 2017. The 2021 does a better job of cooling the lumbar area. I usually have it on for a bit, then turn it off after awhile after my butt is sufficiently cool because it is just too loud.

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The seat coolers work fine in mine but the fan is pretty loud. Same way with my old 2017. The 2021 does a better job of cooling the lumbar area. I usually have it on for a bit, then turn it off after awhile after my butt is sufficiently cool because it is just too loud.
ok, sounds like they’ve made improvements since 15 then. You can’t hear mine at all. My wife’s fusion, you hear the air flowing out at shoulder area. Glad they got them working better.

thanks y’all!

ps. My anxiety over the storm has eclipsed my anxiety over getting a car. I’d rather be stressing about a car lol.

Face76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
ok, sounds like they’ve made improvements since 15 then. You can’t hear mine at all. My wife’s fusion, you hear the air flowing out at shoulder area. Glad they got them working better.

thanks y’all!

ps. My anxiety over the storm has eclipsed my anxiety over getting a car. I’d rather be stressing about a car lol.
Stay safe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stay safe.
Thanks!
Having good thoughts that the forecasters miss the mark.
I really hope you’re right. Realistically, I’m pretty good where I’m at. Near Baton Rouge. Water is rarely an issue. But the wind with this one has me skittish. No trees of any size can reach my house that can do major damage. I’ve got a 22k generator and 400 gallons of propane. Pretty sure we’ll be ok. But still very unnerving. Amd, after the safety thing, I don’t wanna burn up my gt500 down payment on propane lol!

I expected to see it already strengthened this morning. It didn’t much but started forming up better. That’s both good and bad. If it strengthens faster, they can’t hold that for long and weakens. But if it does that too early, it’ll restrnghten before landfall. The gulf is bathtub warm so just hoping for things to happen at the right times so that it’s not quite as strong at landfall. Just have to wait and see now.