Couple of odd Questions

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Greets all, I'm trying to find out if there is a reason for this, in the picture I attached I noticed this yesterday when I had to add air to my passenger front tire. How come the front tires the air stem is in the open area between spokes, but yet the back is between the narrow spokes? I know its kinda of a useless post but it is a pain connecting an air
2020-09-17 16.48.44.jpg
line to fill compared to the front rim

Also can anyone confirm the side mirrors are heated? as some say it is and some do not. Asking cause I plant to make changes to the mirrors and I want to make sure to get the right ones.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Assuming the wheels are the same manufacturer, are they possibly different widths? Could be they came from different plants and one plant makes them one way and the other a different way. As for the mirrors, I'm not sure all mustangs have heated mirrors so it may depend upon the package. Those are my best guesses first thing in the morning..lol

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I never heard of heated mirrors on these vehicles, but not 100% sure. 99% maybe....

Edited to add:

Car & Driver review says if you have the technology package, then the mirrors are heated.

Screenshot_20200922-083939_Chrome.jpg

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
It should have the heat symbol on the mirror

0ayW61cz5SCgrRpUhAYX57THl_1mqxXhfVTvbtuI8ls.jpg

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Assuming the wheels are the same manufacturer, are they possibly different widths? Could be they came from different plants and one plant makes them one way and the other a different way. As for the mirrors, I'm not sure all mustangs have heated mirrors so it may depend upon the package. Those are my best guesses first thing in the morning..lol
Well the funny thing is these wheels are directly from Ford, and looking at other base 500's the stem in the back are all located that way, and yes the sizes are staggered obviously

I never heard of heated mirrors on these vehicles, but not 100% sure. 99% maybe....

Edited to add:

Car & Driver review says if you have the technology package, then the mirrors are heated.

Screenshot_20200922-083939_Chrome.jpg
Thanks Tom, and I just double checked with the ford site and hitting the "i" next to the tech pkg opnes a info windows that states the same excerpt you posted, but ford has a tendency to say one thing and do another.

0ayW61cz5SCgrRpUhAYX57THl_1mqxXhfVTvbtuI8ls.jpg
I agree hence my asking.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Good call, Donnie, not to mention a switch in the cockpit.

I had to have one of my caps replaced because the factory broke the original during installation and it fell off in my garage. I didn't grab a photo but it sure didn't look heated and there's no icon on the mirror. Also if there's a switch, I sure haven't seen it. :-) Don't think they're heated.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Good call, Donnie, not to mention a switch in the cockpit.

I had to have one of my caps replaced because the factory broke the original during installation and it fell off in my garage. I didn't grab a photo but it sure didn't look heated and there's no icon on the mirror. Also if there's a switch, I sure haven't seen it. :-) Don't think they're heated.
Actually there is no switch, its attached to the heating or defrosting, it was that way in my '16 as well, I just dont recall my 2016 having that symbol, but I also had blind spot and not the secondary mirror as donnie does.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a PP2 and it also has factory staggard wheels and the air valve is in different locations on front vs back. So it seems to be a normal thing with Ford.

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
With the temperature sensitivity of the tires, are heated mirrors even needed?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
With the temperature sensitivity of the tires, are heated mirrors even needed?
Actually I need to know this because I plan to replace the mirrors and the connectors have to match.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I have tech package and my mirrors do NOT have the 'heat' icon in the mirror, they have the blind spot icon but NOT the 'heat' icon. I DO believe tho that they have wires (aside from blind spot ones) that would coinside with heated mirrrors, but i can't say for sure cause it hasn't been cold enough to actually use. Not sure if this helps or not.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have tech package and my mirrors do NOT have the 'heat' icon in the mirror, they have the blind spot icon but NOT the 'heat' icon. I DO believe tho that they have wires (aside from blind spot ones) that would coinside with heated mirrrors, but i can't say for sure cause it hasn't been cold enough to actually use. Not sure if this helps or not.
I dont think any of the "Blis" mirrors have the heat icon, at least not from the pics I have been seeing, short of popping out the mirror guess it will be the only way to find out.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I wonder if the air valve placement was intentional? It would be a good way of telling the difference between the front and back wheels at a glance.
Sponsored