Sponsored

Couple of issues I found

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Finally got time to properly give some TLC to the new car and found a couple of issues. Probably going to take it back down to the dealer to have them rectified but I wanted to get opinions from those here. Pics attached below of said issues.
The scratch looks like it’s on the inside and it is NOT deep enough to catch a nail, and the blemish looks like I could maybe buff out if I were to attempt myself, I just don’t have the time anymore to do full details.

93A4A9FF-1B36-4345-B9B0-8D3F883B53C3.jpeg

73F7F566-1829-4F1F-BD0A-DD13B4D0D5A5.jpeg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Imo anything to do with paint correction/detailing doesn't go to a dealer, they either tell you to go away or make it worse 😂

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imo anything to do with paint correction/detailing doesn't go to a dealer, they either tell you to go away or make it worse 😂
They outsource from a local company that’s pretty good. It’s not just a dude in a van like most dealers.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that's a rarity! Might as well take advantage of it
Exactly, lol. I ain’t paying for shit when I know it could be fixed properly and for “free”, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wound up wet sanding that small area
Your dealer might have a better support system in place for bodywork and detailing, but IMO, you're better off fixing it yourself or finding someone and ultimately paying for it yourself.

My local dealer confirmed they outsource all their body work, PPF and ceramic coating. They would not say who does the work.

I've found some small blemishes, but will pay to have those matters repaired or live with them. After witnessing the "detailers" at my dealer first-hand, I don't know of and would not trust who the car gets sent to.

While I don't know who would work on the car, I have a good sense what would happen: the area of concern would be corrected, but I'd be greeted with a pair of greasy footprints in the interior or a new issue, something they caused while in their hands.

I've found a local support structure I know will fix the job and I trust them with anything; they know and love cars. It's going to cost me, but it will be zero anxiety and I know when I receive the car it will be given back with my standards in-tact.
I actually just woke up a bit earlier before work and tried a couple different grades of compound that didn’t work. So, I wound up doing some very light wet sanding in the area, corrected the paint, and it is good as new! I just need to see it in daylight to make sure it doesn’t stand out from the surrounding area but I don’t think it will.

The windshield is a completely different issue lol.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
That's good to hear. I had some small items I knew how to fix and did so when home. Found a few more after a good clean-up this weekend, but can be repaired easily. Every blemish tells a story.

Sorry to hear about the windshield. If going to the supporting body shop you mentioned, you should be in good hands.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's good to hear. I had some small items I knew how to fix and did so when home. Found a few more after a good clean-up this weekend, but can be repaired easily. Every blemish tells a story.

Sorry to hear about the windshield. If going to the supporting body shop you mentioned, you should be in good hands.
It’s just an eyesore unfortunately. Not deep enough to catch my fingernail which is good so I may just get a 5” tint strip to go across the top and cover it up lol.
Sponsored