Sponsored

couple detailing questions

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I bought my black stang tgree weeks ago. Due to weatger and time, yesterday was my first opportunity to do more than wash it. I gave it a thorough wash and ran into a couple things.

1. I had some bug guts. I have Bug Off and it works pretty well, but when I was applying Klasse sealer I came upon several spots that could have used more work. It was getting dark so I just moved on. When waxing, do you normally just go on over top of the small stuff you missed?

What's a good spray on cleaner for the black PP wheels? I used a microfiber wheel brush with my regular soap, but the corners were still dusty later. And do you seal/wax the wheels?

Also..I have the klasse sealer and the klasse "all in one". The sealer said if the paint is new I don't need to use the all in one first. So that's what I did. So when do I use the all in one? Next wash? ?
Sponsored

vinnie_febs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In The Works
OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I use bleche white on the tires. You saying you use it on the painted wheels too?

I thought I might put the klasse sealer on them. It says it protects well.

vinnie_febs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In The Works
I do, but if you have the original bleche white by Westley's then no. Black magic is more water down and not as powerful. Also, I've only used it and the beginning to get a clean slate, before waxing them. After that, if you have a good protectant, brake dust should come right off with the pressure washer

Last edited:
OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I do, but if you have the original bleche white by Westley's then no. Black magic is more water down and not as powerful. Also, I've only used it and the beginning to get a clean slate, before waxing them. After that, if you have a good protectant, brake dust should cone right off with the pressure washer
The bleche white I have doesn't say westley's. I noticed that wasn't on there anymore a couple weeks ago.

I ordered that seafoam bug stuff. My bug off is almost empty anyway. Thanks!

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I find presoak the car with foam for about 5 minutes while you filling up the buckets and brushing the tires really soften the dried bug juice.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0KRSEPZX9RDBZ38KYNAS

By far the best bugs' crap remover.

For wheels and tires I've used Bleche-Wite. Works really well IMO and it does not break the wallet. As far as wheel wax, still experimenting :)

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Magic-1...263_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=03DZPT072QG5GA4GE3NG

Thanks again for the recommendation. That seafoam bug remover is AMAZING. I don't think I even had to spray the same spot twice. The guts just wiped right off.

It says it cleans brake dust also so I sprayed it on the wheels and did some soft brushing. It was too dark to see if it worked well.

vinnie_febs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In The Works
Thanks again for the recommendation. That seafoam bug remover is AMAZING. I don't think I even had to spray the same spot twice. The guts just wiped right off.

It says it cleans brake dust also so I sprayed it on the wheels and did some soft brushing. It was too dark to see if it worked well.
Told you so :thumbsup:
Sponsored