Sponsored

Could all my error lights be caused by something rolling around inside of my tire?

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ok so while back I started to have this issue where after startup at slow speeds there would be a weird clunking sound along with a wobbling tire feeling and the brakes will feel weird until the car shuts off advancetrac, abs and power steering and everything feels normal.

Car isn't a daily so I put it on back burner and just started digging into it. Only has 42k miles, I checked all of the hub assemblies for play and looks at all of the ABS sensors which look fine. I put the car on jack stands and started spinning all of the wheels to try and see if I could determine where the sound was coming from before the ECU cuts everything. So on my rear passenger side when I would spin wheel there was a sound like something rolling around which the rear drivers side did not have. I took the wheel off to see if the sound was still there which it was not. I swapped the tires on each side and the sound goes with which ever side I put that wheel on. It literally sounds like something rolling around inside of the tire when I spin it. I'm wondering if this would cause enough vibration to make the ECU freak out.
Sponsored

Adf020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost premium automatic convertible
This is interesting, I was driving my car the other day and pulled out of my garage and immediately heard a grinding sound at low speed and felt like the front driver side tire was wobbling. I also put it on stands and started checking the tire for play. I did not have any lights come on and I never heard anything rolling around inside the tire. I re-adjusted m exhaust while i had it up and changed spark plugs because it was time and then got it down and drove it again and nothing has been wrong since.

I do have it at the dealer right now and told them what happened and I just want them to poke around and see if they can find anything. I don't know if it is at all related to your issue, but I will update you if they find anything unusual. It might be able to point you in a direction.

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
This is interesting, I was driving my car the other day and pulled out of my garage and immediately heard a grinding sound at low speed and felt like the front driver side tire was wobbling. I also put it on stands and started checking the tire for play. I did not have any lights come on and I never heard anything rolling around inside the tire. I re-adjusted m exhaust while i had it up and changed spark plugs because it was time and then got it down and drove it again and nothing has been wrong since.

I do have it at the dealer right now and told them what happened and I just want them to poke around and see if they can find anything. I don't know if it is at all related to your issue, but I will update you if they find anything unusual. It might be able to point you in a direction.
Thanks. I'm going to also take that wheel to a shop and have them remove whatever is inside and rebalance and hope that fixes the issue.

Sponsored