Sponsored

COTUS site confusion for the 21st century...

cutter1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey guys,

So I was lucky this year and placed an order for a 2018 GT350 (non R). Placed the order in August. I have been diligently watching the COTUS website. It shows the build was completed on 11/7/17. It has since been in awaiting shipment for almost the past month. My dealer called me to inform me it should be arriving sometime around 12/1/17. As of today COTUS says it is still awaiting transit. I have talked to the dealer, right before thanksgiving, and they were walking around about when the car will arrive. Their system, which gives some extra detail that COTUS does not, says arrival between 11/25/17 and 21/1/17. I expected the thanksgiving holiday to slow things up a bit. The really annoying part of thesis the COTUS website is blindly counting down to days to delivery like everything is on course for 12/1/17. This is so ridiculously nerve racking, why is it that a global brand company cannot have an accurate and responsive website for tracking an order? I mean if this were an Amazon order or a UPS/FEDex package I would have a stated delivery date with in a couple of hours of delivery.

Since I have no frame of reference for what to expect (this is the first vehicle I have ordered) is this normal? Additionally is there another rescue or point of contact that can help me nail down the dates? I'm in and out of town and would like to try to be in town when she gets here.

Thanks and sorry for the rant.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Ford is probably tracking it well in their internal system. The site and dealers just probably isn't set up to be as detailed.

Top Dollar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT350R #JR003
yea im in the same boat, i had order processed 9/27/17, production on 10/2 then it sat at ford and it just recently went to "in transit" but my dealer is telling me theyll have it within 2 weeks. ANYWAY hang in there. there is light at the end :frusty:

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Hey guys,

So I was lucky this year and placed an order for a 2018 GT350 (non R). Placed the order in August. I have been diligently watching the COTUS website. It shows the build was completed on 11/7/17. It has since been in awaiting shipment for almost the past month. My dealer called me to inform me it should be arriving sometime around 12/1/17. As of today COTUS says it is still awaiting transit. I have talked to the dealer, right before thanksgiving, and they were walking around about when the car will arrive. Their system, which gives some extra detail that COTUS does not, says arrival between 11/25/17 and 21/1/17. I expected the thanksgiving holiday to slow things up a bit. The really annoying part of thesis the COTUS website is blindly counting down to days to delivery like everything is on course for 12/1/17. This is so ridiculously nerve racking, why is it that a global brand company cannot have an accurate and responsive website for tracking an order? I mean if this were an Amazon order or a UPS/FEDex package I would have a stated delivery date with in a couple of hours of delivery.

Since I have no frame of reference for what to expect (this is the first vehicle I have ordered) is this normal? Additionally is there another rescue or point of contact that can help me nail down the dates? I'm in and out of town and would like to try to be in town when she gets here.

Thanks and sorry for the rant.
At least yours shows up in cotus. Mine never did but I think I got one of the first if not the first 16 in Georgia. Mine sat in waiting to ship according ford performance for over two months but once it did ship, I got it less than a week later. I called FP two to three times a week and bugged my dealer about the same. Towards the end the dealer was able to give more accurate updates than FP.
Sponsored