Sponsored

Cost of Lund E85 Tunes

sb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Question about Lund tunes, does the $550 cost of the Flex/tune also come with the E85R tune and the ghost cam tune or do you have to pay addition cost for the race and cam tunes?
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Question about Lund tunes, does the $550 cost of the Flex/tune also come with the E85R tune and the ghost cam tune or do you have to pay addition cost for the race and cam tunes?
E85R tune is included with the Flex tune. Ghost tune is not common. I don't know if there would be an extra charge to program that.

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
What Jons5.0 said is correct.

When selecting the E85/Flex option they will start with pump gas, and then get you into Flex. Once everything is dialed in, they will send you the dedicated E85 file.

If you do want the cammed tune option, they will give you the option on what Fuel you want it for but there is no additional charge for that.

Let me know if you have any additional questions and we'll do our best to assist

Thanks

OP
OP
sb2

sb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
What Jons5.0 said is correct.

When selecting the E85/Flex option they will start with pump gas, and then get you into Flex. Once everything is dialed in, they will send you the dedicated E85 file.

If you do want the cammed tune option, they will give you the option on what Fuel you want it for but there is no additional charge for that.

Let me know if you have any additional questions and we'll do our best to assist

Thanks
Thanks Guys!

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
And thats not even a real flex fuel tune....

Its based off the wideband O2 sensor and is not what I would consider a true flex fuel tune.

The proper way to do it is to have an ethanol analyzer and adjust the fuel and timing maps accordingly.

The only thing I would trust these tunes for is running either all gas or all E85, but noting in the middle.

Sponsored

IconicFiveOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Mustang GT PP1
And thats not even a real flex fuel tune....

Its based off the wideband O2 sensor and is not what I would consider a true flex fuel tune.

The proper way to do it is to have an ethanol analyzer and adjust the fuel and timing maps accordingly.

The only thing I would trust these tunes for is running either all gas or all E85, but noting in the middle.
Pretty sure it's based off of Ford's flex fuel logic.

Had it on my 18 and it ripped. It will be the first major thing I do to my 20.

It's pretty accurate when you let it analyze the content properly.

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
But thats the problem, It doesnt have anything to analyze with..

Its good enough when you change fluids and wait for it to re learn and then have a tune, but it doesnt do anything with timing and its not as good as a proper ff tune.

It's pretty accurate when you let it analyze the content properly.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The engine fuels off the wide band. It doesn't matter if it is inferred through the flex logic or commanded by the fuel analyzer.

If the wideband is off the fueling is also off, either way.

The F150 from the factory is flex and uses the wideband to sense fuel.

IconicFiveOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Mustang GT PP1
But thats the problem, It doesnt have anything to analyze with..

Its good enough when you change fluids and wait for it to re learn and then have a tune, but it doesnt do anything with timing and its not as good as a proper ff tune.
You should research how it works. Like I said, it's based off of Ford's logic they use with trucks. If it didn't work properly, it's doubtful they would use it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The engine fuels off the wide band. It doesn't matter if it is inferred through the flex logic or commanded by the fuel analyzer.
This. All Lund does on the flex is enable it from the factory tune. Dedicated E85 is just dedicated timing & trims. They piggyback off of the adaptive octane logic.

Sponsored

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
The difference is the latency

If you had a full blown race motor and were doing an endurance race and during pitstops they changed the ethanol/gas ratio, you would blow up your motor.
It's not quick enough to react.

A proper analyzer, it works instantly. Adjusts your timing and fuel on the fly to absolute perfection.

I had a 12.5:1 motor that was supercharged and you could mix any combination of fuel and ethanol and you never had to wait for the computer to re learn or idle for 15 minutes or any of the other bullshit crutch methods that are supposedly 'flex fuel'

The only way to properly build a flex fuel tune is with an ethanol analyzer. That's it. Everything else is a compromise.

This. All Lund does on the flex is enable it from the factory tune. Dedicated E85 is just dedicated timing & trims. They piggyback off of the adaptive octane logic.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
These engines fuel off the MAF sensor and the wideband.

Even if you did put a fuel analyzer on it there is no input for it in the stock computer.

Ford has many flex vehicle's. They warrant these for 5 years, so it must work.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Obviously the Ford flex logic works or you would see thousands of Fords with blown engines.

My F150 is factory flex and does not have a fuel sensor.
Sponsored