Sponsored

Cost of dealer gear install

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Has anyone priced out what it would cost to install gears at your local Ford dealer?
Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
If you're talking about new ring and pinion to change the ratio, I'd guess $1,600 including parts. Not sure I'd ever trust it again, though.

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're talking about new ring and pinion to change the ratio, I'd guess $1,600 including parts. Not sure I'd ever trust it again, though.
What do you mean?

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I inquired and was quoted $1100 in Canadian dollars for parts & labour. The bill was $2150 CAD. I showed them my quote and they honoured it but told me someone made a mistake with that quote.
Also, I’ve had the rear gear changed out in numerous vehicles and never had an issue. Ever !

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I inquired and was quoted $1100 in Canadian dollars for parts & labour. The bill was $2150 CAD. I showed them my quote and they honoured it but told me someone made a mistake with that quote.
Also, I’ve had the rear gear changed out in numerous vehicles and never had an issue. Ever !
Wow that was quite a disconnect from the quote to the bill.

I remember when I had a Subaru seeing the total shock and disbelief of a customer upon being told her bill was $1k. She was expecting a couple hundred and looked like she was going to pass out.

Ford's customer service was miles ahead of our Subaru dealer and we were 3 time Subie purchasers. One reason there are no Subies at the household presently

Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I got a quote from a local Ford dealer, which does performance installs, and they quoted me $350 for parts and 4 hours labour, total about $800 Canadian.

Reactions: A7X
OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a quote from a local Ford dealer, which does performance installs, and they quoted me $350 for parts and 4 hours labour, total about $800 Canadian.
That’s only about $600 US, that would be great.

Reactions: A7X

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My local dealer quoted me $300 to install the PP1. So to pop the K&N filter in, and load up the tune would be $300. Seemed a bit excessive

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
The one where I bought my car wouldn’t quote me on it.

This was right after I got it and was curious as to what their prices were since they’re a Roush dealer and have an aftermarket department.

They recommended a speed shop that was close to them. I went by there and never made contact with the guy. Come to find out several months later the owner of that shop killed his wife and tried to use 100lbs of charcoal to cremate her body. Yikes.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

This was right after I got it and was curious as to what their prices were since they’re a Roush dealer and have an aftermarket department.

They recommended a speed shop that was close to them. I went by there and never made contact with the guy. Come to find out several months later the owner of that shop killed his wife and tried to use 100lbs of charcoal to cremate her body. Yikes.

OMFG...

Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
My local dealer quoted me $300 to install the PP1. So to pop the K&N filter in, and load up the tune would be $300. Seemed a bit excessive
It really depends on dealer. The dealer that installed my PP1, charged 1 hour labour, but when I quoted the gear swap with them, they quoted me over 10 hours for labour. Call around

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Wtf....

Errrr on that note, I paid $350 to have a new ring and pinion installed as well as a t lock rebuild. This was in 07 at a private shop, dealer I’m sure would be much more.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

LOL what shop was that? I’m local to philly.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
LOL what shop was that? I’m local to philly.
Its actually one in Houston (well, Katy for those who know the Houston Burbs). I've been down here for awhile now. I do miss back home though! Hope to make it back in Sept/Oct
Sponsored