Sponsored

Corsa Xtreme with Steeda H-Pipe anyone? (5.0 / 10spd)

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I searched the forum and didn't find anybody with this setup.

Has anyone installed the Steeda H-Pipe and Corsa Xtreme together? I currently have their H-pipe with stock active exhaust. The sound it's amazingly deep and throaty but I would love to raise the decibels quite a bit without touching the headers due to state inspection issues.

I thought about installing this combo, but I can't find anybody that has done in the past. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Some people say the X-pipe is too raspy. Anyone?
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Corsa Xtreme is a cat back. If you bought that you would replace the existing H pipe. If you keep the existing H, you would get a Corsa axleback, the Sport version being the one on the Corsa Xtreme catback. It is 3in in diameter so you would have to neck down to mate with your smaller H pipe diameter. If you bought the catback it would be full 3" all the way. The H you have would be a tad less raspy than the full double x in the catback. You could also do the touring version of the axleback, which is what comes on the Corsa Sport catback. It has a tad more mellow sound. If ever doing long tubes that's definitely the way to go.

Xavier208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 400a
I have a sound clip of corsa xtreme with double h I’ll send it through pm

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I have a sound clip of corsa xtreme with double h I’ll send it through pm
Double H?? Would also like to hear it. Currently have Xtreme with LT chatted downpipes. Would like to get rid of some rasp for some deeper tones.

Xavier208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 400a
Double H?? Would also like to hear it. Currently have Xtreme with LT chatted downpipes. Would like to get rid of some rasp for some deeper tones.

Lethal performance exclusive corsa xtreme with double h first start up and fly by. This is all I have I wasn’t a big fan of it and swapped it out for awe

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I had your setup originally. Added a pair of vibrants to clean up the trumpety tone. Worked well but eventually cut off the Corsa mufflers and Vibrants and added AWE Touring rear section mated to the Corsa double x and ARH long tubes. More character in the lower rpms, screams up top and none of the trunpety tone the Corsas had when adding long tubes. My favorite sounding exhaust so far on this build.

Xavier208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 400a
I had your setup originally. Added a pair of vibrants to clean up the trumpety tone. Worked well but eventually cut off the Corsa mufflers and Vibrants and added AWE Touring rear section mated to the Corsa double x and ARH long tubes. More character in the lower rpms, screams up top and none of the trunpety tone the Corsas had when adding long tubes. My favorite sounding exhaust so far on this build.
I’m running something similar to this. Catted stainless works lth with awe cat back (h pipe) with the bullet resonators cut off

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red

I could be wrong, but I think the difference between the sport and extreme is just the inclusion of the stock resonator. They look like the same part number for the mufflers. Lethal has a cat-back kit that uses an H pipe instead and still gives you 3" all the way back.

OP
OP
Dabitz

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
It's hard to capture the lower tones with cellphone video but here is my setup with just Steeda H-Pipe. Love the tone, just wish it was a bit louder, although it's plenty loud on Track mode. I almost feel the solution is catted tubes but I don't want to worry about CEL and emissions. Thank you all for the feedback. It's really hard to make a decision to improve something that is already pretty good.

Too tame on idle

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I currently have been running corsa sport axel backs and steeda h pipe for over a year now

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dabitz

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I currently have been running corsa sport axel backs and steeda h pipe for over a year now
Any sound clips? I am a bit confused, is the sport axle back what they use on their xtreme package?

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Correct so corsa extremes is just the corsa X pipe (raspy) with the corsa sport axel backs. I went the cheap route and spent half the price on the steeda H pipe vs corsa X pipe. I also didn't want it raspy so stick with H if you want a deep sound. I'll see if I can take a video tonight. Typically doesn't do it justice though.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Correct so corsa extremes is just the corsa X pipe (raspy) with the corsa sport axel backs. I went the cheap route and spent half the price on the steeda H pipe vs corsa X pipe. I also didn't want it raspy so stick with H if you want a deep sound. I'll see if I can take a video tonight. Typically doesn't do it justice though.
Similarly the Touring axle back is what they use on the sport catback.

Keep in mind doing piece meal combos does alter piping sizes where full catbacks are the 3" throughout.
Sponsored