Sponsored

Corsa sports vs extremes

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Cold starts are loud enough with the sports I have to start mine with the garage closed or I would get complaints. That said, sometimes the cold start isn't that loud depending on conditions (maybe happens 5% of cold starts).

It sounded good
The Corsa sport is loud enough that I have to think about the negative attention the noise could attract. I can't imagine running extremes, they would be too loud.

In my 20s I may have bought the extreme, but 30s me knew better, and I couldn't be happier.
It sounded good when I stood behind the car and someone revved it. I could barely hear it in the car unless getting on it so it made the driving experience boring to me.

And you are right cold starts can vary. It wasn’t very cold the day I installed it but the car had sat a few days prior.
Sponsored

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Corsa sports are perfect with stock manifolds, loud enough when you get on it to know you have an exhaust but quiet and zero drone when cruising. Add long tubes and they are loud, almost too loud for my liking.

moose13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I bought a used '16, that already had extremes on it (the dealer made no mention of this in the cargurus add, lol). My knee-jerk reaction when the salesman fired it up for the first time was that it was too loud. Not for me, but for the Chicago suburb I was living in at the time. I bought it anyway and absolutely love it. However, I'm also VERY conscientious about keeping it down at the right time. I always make sure to start it with the garage door closed so as not to terrorize my neighborhood at 6:30AM. And even then, its loud enough to the point that I worry about someone complaining someday even in the city neighborhood I've moved to since then.

Extreme does a brilliant job of toeing the line between loud and obnoxious. My not-car-friends think it's too loud, my car-friends don't. It's as much sound as you can get without it becoming noise that you can get when you start screwing around with the headers.

Hope this helps.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
It's as much sound as you can get without it becoming noise that you can get when you start screwing around with the headers.
Great way to describe the Xtreme. Catless or with LTs the Xtreme is just noise. Not a good sound at all, IMO.