Sponsored

Corsa sports vs extremes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt cs 2016
So I’ve been looking at corsa catbacks for a while and so my question is are the sports a decent amount louder than stock, now I know that loudness is subjective, but I just wanted some opinions on it because on corsas website the extremes are around 1700 whereas the sports are only around 1400 so it’s a decent price difference. Are the sports worth it? Are they noticeably louder than stock?
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes they are noticeably louder. With the resonator gone alone you'll notice a difference. Extremes are very noticeable when you get on it. Sports still sound good. Sports are good if you want to be in the middle especially if you don't have active exhaust. Not quiet, but not crazy loud.

OP
OP
Harry’s Stang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt cs 2016
Yes they are noticeably louder. With the resonator gone alone you'll notice a difference. Extremes are very noticeable when you get on it. Sports still sound good. Sports are good if you want to be in the middle especially if you don't have active exhaust. Not quiet, but not crazy loud.
I think I’ve read somewhere that the mid pipes are the same on both it’s just the mufflers that are different is that correct?

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I know people change from the Xtremes to the Sport because they are too loud as is or even louder after installing headers.

Sponsored

treborwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special Oxford White
If you do order Corsa be prepared to wait. I purchased my Corsa Xtreme Catback system on December 31st. Hopefully I'll get it by the first week in April.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Had the Sport on my '16 and loved it, sounded fantastic. Good bit louder than stock but not obnoxious at all. Extremes were too loud for my taste.

Mjv231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Milton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I have sport on mine, sometimes I wish i went extreme but at this Im not trying to dish out the money, unless I were to find someone with an extreme that was doing headers and they wanted sport and at that point I would possibly trade... 😁

Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Yes, the Sport is a pretty loud exhaust (at least exterior). It's not obnoxious but it's massively louder than stock. It does an extremely good job directing the sound rearward and absolutely zero resonance in the cabin, so sometimes it feels a tad quiet at low throttle & low RPM. It's a great DD system but still a lot of fun when you're on it.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
If you ever plan on long tubes definitely stick with the Sport. If you will be staying stock then Xtremes do sound great on that setup.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Sports are quiet. I just had the Sport cat back on my car in February. I had buyers remorse from the first cold start immediately after the install. The tone was different but it wasn’t much louder than stock. I still have stock manifolds and cats.

I was much happier with my previous MBRP street. Luckily I ended up finding someone over 600 miles away who wanted to trade me their xtremes for my sports.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Sports are quiet. I just had the Sport cat back on my car in February. I had buyers remorse from the first cold start immediately after the install. The tone was different but it wasn’t much louder than stock. I still have stock manifolds and cats.

I was much happier with my previous MBRP street. Luckily I ended up finding someone over 600 miles away who wanted to trade me their xtremes for my sports.
Cold starts are loud enough with the sports I have to start mine with the garage closed or I would get complaints. That said, sometimes the cold start isn't that loud depending on conditions (maybe happens 5% of cold starts).

The Corsa sport is loud enough that I have to think about the negative attention the noise could attract. I can't imagine running extremes, they would be too loud.

In my 20s I may have bought the extreme, but 30s me knew better, and I couldn't be happier.