Sponsored

Corsa Sports Catback Review!

mayhem267

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I recently purchased my 2016 Mustang GT and the previous owner installed Cat deletes / removed the catalytic converters mounted to a Roush X-Pipe paired with Roush axle backs. The Car was obnoxiously loud and it was not a very refined sound either, just volume. I knew I needed to change the exhaust because I didn’t enjoy driving the car that loud plus it drew too much attention and I was worried about obtaining a ticket for the volume. Don’t get me wrong the old set-up on the car is defiantly loud and will awaken the dead if that is what you’re looking to obtain. Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind loud cars, I also own a straight-piped S2000 for track duty and it sounds stock compared to the Mustang’s Roush set-up with cat deletes.

I knew before I bought the car I wanted the Corsa Extreme Cat back due to the refined unique exotic-like sound that it produced. After tons of research I came to the conclusion that the Corsa Extremes sound great with the catalytic converters, but if you delete the Cats it produces too much Rasp and it’s just as obnoxiously loud as my previous set-up. So after more research and tons of sound clips from YouTube I decided to go with the Corsa Sport Catback. The Corsa Sport Catback consists of the Corsa double Helix X-Pipe and Touring mufflers. I ordered the Cat back through Beefcakes on the forums and the shipment arrived quickly and for a great price!

The build quality on the exhaust is top notch, very high materials and welds. The catback comes with everything that you need to install even included neck-downs to OEM exhaust before the X-Pipe. Installation was a Breeze, Fitment was Spot on, I had the old exhaust, and new exhaust on in under an hour.

Sound:

Idle: Upon start up the car is still loud, but nowhere as bad as the last set-up on cold starts but quickly calms down to the point that the car has a nice deep lope that is louder than stock, but nowhere as loud as the previous set-up.

2k-4k RPM: The car within the typical Daily driving range is nicely tamed, the exhaust is deep and has the typical coyote sound, but is controlled and is not obnoxiously loud when cruising. Also Corsa is known for their drone-free technology which is AMAZING. Along with Ford’s great job on the sound deading material you can cruise on the highway and not end up deaf after a long road trip. Sometimes I have to floor it to remember I’m driving a V8 it keeps the cabin so quiet, but it can be deceiving since it is still pretty loud outside!

4k-Redline: This is where the exhaust really opens up, The exhaust produces a nice refined rasp along with the deep throaty roar which produces the unique exotic tone that the Corsa exhaust is known for. The exhaust not only sounds great but really screams and that’s what makes this exhaust so great.

in Conclusion, The Corsa Sport Catback is the exhaust that gives you the best of both worlds without and active exhaust valve system, it is quiet and tame when you want it to be, screams glorious sounds when you get on it, and is drone free. I will say that my car is catless which will make a difference in volume. If you’re like me and you want the Corsa extreme, but your catless I would recommend the Sport catback. If you have your cats the extreme would be similar in volume wise. If your running your cats the Corsa Sport catback will be a tame exhaust set-up louder than stock, but may leave some to desire depending on what you’re looking for. I’m Completely happy with my exhaust set-up and couldn’t be any happier; I would recommend this catback for anyone running headers that is looking to run a nice sounding, drone free setup! Double thumbs up! Below is a sound comparison from the Corsa Sport Catback and the Roush X-pipe and Axleback. Enjoy! Post any question below!
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I recently purchased my 2016 Mustang GT and the previous owner installed Cat deletes / removed the catalytic converters mounted to a Roush X-Pipe paired with Roush axle backs. The Car was obnoxiously loud and it was not a very refined sound either, just volume. I knew I needed to change the exhaust because I didn’t enjoy driving the car that loud plus it drew too much attention and I was worried about obtaining a ticket for the volume. Don’t get me wrong the old set-up on the car is defiantly loud and will awaken the dead if that is what you’re looking to obtain. Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind loud cars, I also own a straight-piped S2000 for track duty and it sounds stock compared to the Mustang’s Roush set-up with cat deletes.

I knew before I bought the car I wanted the Corsa Extreme Cat back due to the refined unique exotic-like sound that it produced. After tons of research I came to the conclusion that the Corsa Extremes sound great with the catalytic converters, but if you delete the Cats it produces too much Rasp and it’s just as obnoxiously loud as my previous set-up. So after more research and tons of sound clips from YouTube I decided to go with the Corsa Sport Catback. The Corsa Sport Catback consists of the Corsa double Helix X-Pipe and Touring mufflers. I ordered the Cat back through Beefcakes on the forums and the shipment arrived quickly and for a great price!

The build quality on the exhaust is top notch, very high materials and welds. The catback comes with everything that you need to install even included neck-downs to OEM exhaust before the X-Pipe. Installation was a Breeze, Fitment was Spot on, I had the old exhaust, and new exhaust on in under an hour.

Sound:

Idle: Upon start up the car is still loud, but nowhere as bad as the last set-up on cold starts but quickly calms down to the point that the car has a nice deep lope that is louder than stock, but nowhere as loud as the previous set-up.

2k-4k RPM: The car within the typical Daily driving range is nicely tamed, the exhaust is deep and has the typical coyote sound, but is controlled and is not obnoxiously loud when cruising. Also Corsa is known for their drone-free technology which is AMAZING. Along with Ford’s great job on the sound deading material you can cruise on the highway and not end up deaf after a long road trip. Sometimes I have to floor it to remember I’m driving a V8 it keeps the cabin so quiet, but it can be deceiving since it is still pretty loud outside!

4k-Redline: This is where the exhaust really opens up, The exhaust produces a nice refined rasp along with the deep throaty roar which produces the unique exotic tone that the Corsa exhaust is known for. The exhaust not only sounds great but really screams and that’s what makes this exhaust so great.

in Conclusion, The Corsa Sport Catback is the exhaust that gives you the best of both worlds without and active exhaust valve system, it is quiet and tame when you want it to be, screams glorious sounds when you get on it, and is drone free. I will say that my car is catless which will make a difference in volume. If you’re like me and you want the Corsa extreme, but your catless I would recommend the Sport catback. If you have your cats the extreme would be similar in volume wise. If your running your cats the Corsa Sport catback will be a tame exhaust set-up louder than stock, but may leave some to desire depending on what you’re looking for. I’m Completely happy with my exhaust set-up and couldn’t be any happier; I would recommend this catback for anyone running headers that is looking to run a nice sounding, drone free setup! Double thumbs up! Below is a sound comparison from the Corsa Sport Catback and the Roush X-pipe and Axleback. Enjoy! Post any question below!
Nice comparison vid! The Corsa Sport does sound good paired with the cat delete. Hoping adding the Vibrant 1794s(I think that's how I am gonna go instead of dynomax mini race bullets since the vibrants are also 304) to mine bring down the Extremes closer to this sound.

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt

Sound:

I’ve been thinking about the Corsa Sport axleback to go along with my already installed H pipe, but was worried it wouldn’t sound deep. After reading this though I might just purchase them.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been thinking about the Corsa Sport axleback to go along with my already installed H pipe, but was worried it wouldn’t sound deep. After reading this though I might just purchase them.
Keep in mind when speaking of the axle back this is actually the Corsa touring (same mufflers from the sport catback). The sport axleback are the mufflers from the Extreme catback.

OP
OP

mayhem267

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nice comparison vid! The Corsa Sport does sound good paired with the cat delete. Hoping adding the Vibrant 1794s(I think that's how I am gonna go instead of dynomax mini race bullets since the vibrants are also 304) to mine bring down the Extremes closer to this sound.
If you do post a video I would be interested in hearing the setup!

Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I had the Corsa Sport Catback on stock manifolds for a couple months and they sounded great on their own and distinct from the extreme in tone too. Now paired with longtube headers they absolutely scream at WOT, definitely louder than extremes with stock exhaust manifolds. But can still be quiet at cruising speeds.

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Keep in mind when speaking of the axle back this is actually the Corsa touring (same mufflers from the sport catback). The sport axleback are the mufflers from the Extreme catback.
Oh wow I did not know that, thanks. Have you heard both before? I hope the Sport/Extrme mufflers aren’t higher pitched/more raspy than Touring mufflers.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow I did not know that, thanks. Have you heard both before? I hope the Sport/Extrme mufflers aren’t higher pitched/more raspy than Touring mufflers.
They are actually quite considerably. I have Extremes and wish I had gone Sport but at the time of getting them I had no intention of going LTH on this car. Hence why adding 1794s to try to bring it down some. However, since you have a H pipe that will help lower the tone some but the rasp will still be there just not as much. But I must say on stock headers the Extremes were great just over the top with long tubes. If you keep cats and forward stock you may still have pretty good tone. Hope that helps.
Sponsored