Sponsored

Corsa Sport Exhaust

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
So apparently this is a common issue with the very expensive Corsa Exhaust. The twin tips are not anywhere near centered. A few others have commented they had the same issue and had to go to a local muffler shop to get it corrected.

One would think for the money they cost, it would look much better than this. I am contacting the vendor from whom I purchased the exhaust and see what they have to say.
82AAA0C6-CDE1-4C27-97E8-100D8FF74D85.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You need to pull the axleback slightly out of the double X-pipe to get them centered if they're inboard like that. If they were outboard it would need to go further in. Also, make sure you you push the mufflers up as high as they'll go before tightening the clamps and the forward hanger bolt. Raising them up pushes them both up and out, and when you release after tightening they'll fall back down a little as the rubber in the hangers sags from the weight. That's all you need to do. The location of their joint to the midpipe makes this a necessary adjustment to get the tips centered. I've had mine off and on about 5 times. Just takes a little patience.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I used my jack with a towel on it so it wouldn't scratch anything and lifted the muffler on each side into the proper area then tightened the clamps up further. It's been holding strong for 8 months now in the same spot. Like BmacIL said, try lifting the muffler a tad higher than it should go and tighten it down so it settles in the perfect spot.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was able to get them over some and the pic is the result of that. Prior to what you see now, they were pushing up against the plastic.

I put a jack stand under the pipe and pushed and twisted the muffler before making everything tight. I will get under there today and see if I do some more since y'all were able to get it over more.

I did not loosen the hanger though. Maybe that will make the difference.

Thanks

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to get them over some and the pic is the result of that. Prior to what you see now, they were pushing up against the plastic.

I put a jack stand under the pipe and pushed and twisted the muffler before making everything tight. I will get under there today and see if I do some more since y'all were able to get it over more.

I did not loosen the hanger though. Maybe that will make the difference.

Thanks
It definitely can make a difference, as it can rotate some even with the bolt threaded in. As I mentioned, you will want to slide the axleback out of the midpipe just a little (a few mm), which will push it outboard and up. Do that and repeat the procedure of pushing it all the way up before tightening. You should be good after that.

Sponsored

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Like BmacIL said this is normal adjustment for almost any full cat-back system. I don't remember ever installing one that was 100% perfect without adjustment, even if it happened it would just be luck. Hangers get bent, some pipes aren't inserted deep enough or too deep, etc...

You're going to love the Corsa setup once it's just how you want it.

Just noticed you're in Houston. Not sure if you have a lift, it can be frustrating to adjust cat-backs on jack-stands because of the weight and force involved. If you need a good muffler shop I recommend Affordable Muffler on Dairy Ashford. Those guys are like straight out of the 90s including their website, but they are a good mom & pop type of shop. I can't imagine they charge you more than $20 to do this if anything at all. I've been there for little jobs before I got my lift and half the time the owner doesn't even want to take my money if it was a 5 min job. I would always just tip his tech instead (like $20). Back when I had my '99 camaro they made me a custom cat-back for like $400. Real fair shop.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like BmacIL said this is normal adjustment for almost any full cat-back system. I don't remember ever installing one that was 100% perfect without adjustment, even if it happened it would just be luck. Hangers get bent, some pipes aren't inserted deep enough or too deep, etc...

You're going to love the Corsa setup once it's just how you want it.

Just noticed you're in Houston. Not sure if you have a lift, it can be frustrating to adjust cat-backs on jack-stands because of the weight and force involved. If you need a good muffler shop I recommend Affordable Muffler on Dairy Ashford. Those guys are like straight out of the 90s including their website, but they are a good mom & pop type of shop. I can't imagine they charge you more than $20 to do this if anything at all. I've been there for little jobs before I got my lift and half the time the owner doesn't even want to take my money if it was a 5 min job. I would always just tip his tech instead (like $20). Back when I had my '99 camaro they made me a custom cat-back for like $400. Real fair shop.
Great info, thanks.

Yep, Houston is home. I grew up near that shop. It is right across the street from my high school.

If it is only $20ish and its since it's just down the road, I think the muffler shop is the answer. I don't mind getting under the car again, but pulling both sections off to bend hangers if needed and re-installing is well worth $20 or more for my time and effort.

Thanks

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
No prob! Good luck and I'm sure those guys can help you out. It's literally a sub 5 minute job on a lift. They'll loosen the x-pipe and adjust, maybe bend a hanger if needed, easy peasy.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll maintain that you do not have to bend hangers to get it to fit right. The hanger rod is fixtured before welding so it is correct. There's enough adjustment built into it that they should just be able to loosen two clamps and take off the hangers to do what's necessary. On a lift it would be a breeze.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'll maintain that you do not have to bend hangers to get it to fit right. The hanger rod is fixtured before welding so it is correct. There's enough adjustment built into it that they should just be able to loosen two clamps and take off the hangers to do what's necessary. On a lift it would be a breeze.
Yea they may not have to, in a perfect world they wont. Depends on how anal you are too. Plus sometimes you have to if for example a hanger bent on removing the factory exhaust on stands, especially if doing it alone it's not too hard to accidentally bend it a little with the leverage of the whole factory cat back.
Sponsored