Sponsored

Corsa Sport CB? Corsa Touring AB + Magnaflow Resonated X?

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I'm just getting old, but my current exhaust is getting on my last nerve. I bought the Gibson catback because in videos it sounds awesome. The problem is the low tone under load at highway speeds makes the whole car buzz. Whether it's TECHNICALLY drone or not, it's annoying. Last year I welded 18" Vibrant bottle resonators into the X pipe and it quieted it a lot, but it's still there. This year I added a 2650 TVS, and with the retarded timing out of boost the buzzing is obnoxious again, as in the trim ring around my shifter actually buzzes.

I was thinking maybe Corsa this time around. I hate the price tag, but I don't want to keep throwing good money after bad trying to tone the Gibson down. The sport is more my speed than the extreme, but I'm worried about getting the same problem as long as I keep an X pipe. Any chance there's somebody in Louisville with the Sport CB that wants to take me for a ride?

Also, has anybody paired the Corsa touring AB (14329) with CJ's Magnaflow resonated X (1004384)? How does it sound? And was there cutting involved, or did it match up?
Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
When I had the sports, they did not drone at all at rpms lower than 2k rpm. Keep in mind, even with headers, there was only a small drone at highway speeds of 75+ with 3.73s. You'll like them a lot, if you're into the x-pipe sound. Definitely sounds more exotic and less muscle-like than the typical exhaust setup, if that's what you're going for.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
When I had the sports, they did not drone at all at rpms lower than 2k rpm. Keep in mind, even with headers, there was only a small drone at highway speeds of 75+ with 3.73s. You'll like them a lot, if you're into the x-pipe sound. Definitely sounds more exotic and less muscle-like than the typical exhaust setup, if that's what you're going for.
Thanks! I see you have the AWE touring. How do you like them? I love the deeper muscle car sound, but with the lower tone I'd be worried about droning at lower RPM also. The Corsa for me would honestly be a compromise to keep that deep sound at sub 2k from shaking my dash/console apart.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the Corsa Sport AB + stock resonator, Sport AB + resonated X-pipe, Sport AB + double X-pipe (so Xtreme catback) and now the Touring AB + double X-pipe (Sport catback). The Sport catback is my favorite of all of those. The Sport caback is similar volume to the Gibson, I'd say, but absolutely zero drone of any kind. At highway cruise it's just as, possibly quieter than the stock exhaust. Only under moderate or heavy acceleration does the volume become significant, but it's never overwhelming, drowns stuff out or obnoxious. You can still have a phone call, listen to music without the exhaust getting in the way. All that said, when the hammer is down, it has a wonderfully aggressive tone that fits a modern V8 sports coupe.

@Bluemustang has the Gibson and has ridden in my car.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Sport catback is my favorite of all of those. The Sport caback is similar volume to the Gibson, I'd say, but absolutely zero drone of any kind.
Just what I was looking for info wise! Just out of curiosity, why do you like the touring/double setup better than the sport/resonated?

Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
I have the Corsa Touring AB and stock resonator and I am madly in love with the sound and as already mentioned, zero drone! :rockon:

I'm tempted for the fun of it to try my Touring AB with a double X-pipe, which would effectively transform it to the Sport catback.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I've had the Corsa Sport AB + stock resonator, Sport AB + resonated X-pipe, Sport AB + double X-pipe (so Xtreme catback) and now the Touring AB + double X-pipe (Sport catback). The Sport catback is my favorite of all of those. The Sport caback is similar volume to the Gibson, I'd say, but absolutely zero drone of any kind. At highway cruise it's just as, possibly quieter than the stock exhaust. Only under moderate or heavy acceleration does the volume become significant, but it's never overwhelming, drowns stuff out or obnoxious. You can still have a phone call, listen to music without the exhaust getting in the way. All that said, when the hammer is down, it has a wonderfully aggressive tone that fits a modern V8 sports coupe.

@Bluemustang has the Gibson and has ridden in my car.
Yes, agreed. It is kind've shocking how quiet it can be if you want it to. Just great sound my friend.
I like that we both went different routes. Different tones, different character from the Coyote.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just what I was looking for info wise! Just out of curiosity, why do you like the touring/double setup better than the sport/resonated?
The Sport AB is a bit higher pitched and the pairing with the resonated X sounded good, but a bit too neutered, IMO. It had no rasp at all, but also really lacked aggression at anything but heavy acceleration. The quieter axleback but with a non-resonated crossover ahead of it ended up nearly the same volume but a much better tone. I can send you some in-car videos that represent the tone well.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can send you some in-car videos that represent the tone well.
Awesome, thank you! These are the sport CB (touring + double x), right?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Jobodizo - I have catless LTs, Magnaflow Resonated X pipe and Pypes Street Pro Axle backs that are more of a touring exhaust and pretty similar to the Sports. My car had not buzzing or vibration and I had just a touch of drone at about 1500-1600 but nothing crazy. I wanted to knock down some of the volume under moderate or full throttle so I just had two 12” Stainless Bros resonators installed right after the collector before the Magnaflow Resonated X pipe. I have a nice deep, smooth tone and it knocked down the volume some as well. The place that did it had a video with before/after clips. Google RM Motor Werks and scroll down just a bit. Can’t miss my Magnetic Metallic 2015!

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Jobodizo - I have catless LTs, Magnaflow Resonated X pipe and Pypes Street Pro Axle backs that are more of a touring exhaust and pretty similar to the Sports. My car had not buzzing or vibration and I had just a touch of drone at about 1500-1600 but nothing crazy. I wanted to knock down some of the volume under moderate or full throttle so I just had two 12” Stainless Bros resonators installed right after the collector before the Magnaflow Resonated X pipe. I have a nice deep, smooth tone and it knocked down the volume some as well. The place that did it had a video with before/after clips. Google RM Motor Werks and scroll down just a bit. Can’t miss my Magnetic Metallic 2015!
Sounds good. Was the before with or without the Magnaflow? I did something similar to my Gibson x pipe, the 18” resonators just aren’t long enough for the low wavelength that’s causing the excitation in the car.

044CDF4B-4F1E-4B01-B00B-46BA2A0B14DB.jpeg
8A14D86B-5040-445C-9AA1-C395CECDCAE7.jpeg

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Before was with Magnaflow. The Magnaflow helps but adding he Stainless Bros resonators helped even more.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thanks! I see you have the AWE touring. How do you like them? I love the deeper muscle car sound, but with the lower tone I'd be worried about droning at lower RPM also. The Corsa for me would honestly be a compromise to keep that deep sound at sub 2k from shaking my dash/console apart.
I like them a lot. Much deeper than the Corsas and surprisingly ZERO drone; at highway speeds, I hear nothing from the exhaust. They are about equally as loud, but sound more refined in my opinion.

Overall I like them more than the Corsas, although the tone the Corsas had at WOT is pretty much unmatched by any exhaust. I figured I was going to have to compromise somewhere, and I cruise more than I'm at WOT, so I went with the ones I liked better at cruising and low rpm acceleration.
Sponsored