Sponsored

Corsa Sport Axle Back VS. Sport Cat Back (first thread)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Conv, Passat
Hi Everybody!

Just joined the forum.

I used to have a corvette C6 with Corsa Extreme's, after selling it I had a mild depression (lol) and decided to buy Mustang GT (checking out cars right now).

I've been looking for this question, read every Corsa Thread in this forum, not much comparison in between these two setups.

Corsa Sport Axle Back VS. Sport Cat Back (double helixx X-pipe + Touring axle-back)

Can anybody tell me if heard both of them in person what their experiences are in terms of depth, sound levels and sound tone.

I've heard Sport Axle-back in person, loved what I heard.

Thank you for checking my Thread...
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned both. First the Sport axleback with stock resonator. Tried a resonated X-pipe too. Then the Xtreme catback with the double X-pipe. Then the sport catback.

Volume is similar between the Sport axleback and sport catback but the tone of the catback is far more aggressive and exciting. It's also a deeper tone. The catback has 95% of the tone and exoticness of the Xtreme, but at a volume that is reasonable. It's still properly loud when you're really on it, but not over the top obnoxious.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Windows down next to a concrete barrier, 2-3 shift.

Mic right below center of trunk decklid in the middle, autocross.

7900 rpm shift, windows down

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Sport catback is how I wish I would have gone instead of Xtremes ( due to LTH after the fact).

Sport axle back on stock resonator is still relatively tame but you can always cut out the suitcase later if needing more.

OP
OP
black_on_black
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Conv, Passat
I've owned both. First the Sport axleback with stock resonator. Tried a resonated X-pipe too. Then the Xtreme catback with the double X-pipe. Then the sport catback.

Volume is similar between the Sport axleback and sport catback but the tone of the catback is far more aggressive and exciting. It's also a deeper tone. The catback has 95% of the tone and exoticness of the Xtreme, but at a volume that is reasonable. It's still properly loud when you're really on it, but not over the top obnoxious.
Thank you for you answer,

What would be the reason you changed your setup from Xtreme to Sport? I came across in an other thread that, you were close to neighbors in terms of distance. View attachment 334275

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for you answer,

What would be the reason you changed your setup from Xtreme to Sport? I came across in an other thread that, you were close to neighbors in terms of distance. View attachment 334275
I mean even having a garage, I just felt it was too much. I know a lot of people don't GAF about their neighbors, but I do. I just didn't want to be 'that guy'. Plus, I felt I couldn't get on it without having to watch out. It's far more than loud enough to exceed legal noise limits. I do miss the Xtreme a little, though. The sound is pretty incredible and IMO, the most clear and best showcase of the Coyote sound. Like I said, the Sport catback is almost all the way there but at toned down level. I'll reiterate, it is not quiet at all, just not crazy loud like the Xtreme.

The other aspect is that 3 or so years ago when I was looking at exhausts for the car, I felt that the Sport catback was the one I liked the most but didn't end up going that way first (did a resonator delete first). After owning it for over a year, this is the one staying on the car and I'm very happy.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I had the Sport on with stock headers and it was a pretty good tone. It was pretty quiet during low rpms as well. I just ended up getting the Sport because I had already knew I was getting LTH's. Honestly, it worked out well. I tweaked the raspy sound (more so when its cold and not warmed up) with the Vibrant resonators and now I feel like I've got the perfect exhaust note with headers. It's still loud, but the refinement is there and that was my goal.
Sponsored