Sponsored

Corsa Performance Catbacks Now Available for the 2020 Shelby GT500!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We're excited to announce the release of the Corsa Performance catback exhaust system for the 2020 Shelby GT500. The Corsa catback system for the 2020 Shelby GT500 is offered with either a Double Helixx X pipe or the Double HH pipe and with your choice of polished, black or gunmetal tips. These systems work with your factory active exhaust valving and sound INSANE!!

We teased you with a few short clips early on after installing and testing the kit on our CFTP car and it's finally here.

Here's a few pictures of the system on our car and a few video clips. Links to the kits are below. If you have any questions regarding the Corsa Performance catback system for the 2020 Shelby GT500 please feel free to give us a call and we'll be glad to assist you.
i-j9xf2Rk-L.jpg

i-jSGcswj-L.jpg

i-8FKRRhx-L.jpg

i-SPbrKhn-L.jpg

i-VvVKwQH-L.jpg

i-LWKbBdt-L.jpg

PURCHASE KITS HERE!!
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...elby-gt500/exhaust/catbacks/corsa-performance

2020gt500xxblk2.jpg
Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I’m watching this thread with interest. The sound is good and I’m contemplating a Cold Air Intake with a new exhaust. Personally not yet on board with the smaller exhaust tips yet. The factory size just looks right in my opinion.

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
I’m watching this thread with interest. The sound is good and I’m contemplating a Cold Air Intake with a new exhaust. Personally not yet on board with the smaller exhaust tips yet. The factory size just looks right in my opinion.
When I read through the specs and saw 4" I was confused as I thought factory was 5". Not sure why they went down on size.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
When I read through the specs and saw 4" I was confused as I thought factory was 5". Not sure why they went down on size.
I thought the same as well because the 500 was touted so much with the 5”

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I agree, Bang. But truth be told, my hearing has gone downhill as the clip audio sounded like my stock exhaust to me. But if I went for a cat back, I'd want the 5" tips.

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
5" or bust......

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I think it was a bad decision to reuse the same Corsa muffler on the GT500. They should have taken the time to make GT500 specific mufflers with 5” tips.

It’s easy to understand the cost benefit of slapping the same ole muffler on this car, and not have to stock yet another version (larger tips), but it comes as a lack of options to the people buying them. The risk equals the reward and should have been made. It’s a swing and a miss in my opinion.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I probably slightly prefer the Corsa sound vs others. However the 4" tips would have been a deal breaker. PURELY from an aesthetics standpoint. The 5" tips look great and makes me feel a little better about my Borla purchase.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I probably slightly prefer the Corsa sound vs others. However the 4" tips would have been a deal breaker. PURELY from an aesthetics standpoint. The 5" tips look great and makes me feel a little better about my Borla purchase.
Exactly my thoughts. And from a price point also, the Borla is right in line too with 5” tips to properly fill out the ass end of the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally I think it was a bad decision to reuse the same Corsa muffler on the GT500. They should have taken the time to make GT500 specific mufflers with 5” tips.

It’s easy to understand the cost benefit of slapping the same ole muffler on this car, and not have to stock yet another version (larger tips), but it comes as a lack of options to the people buying them. The risk equals the reward and should have been made. It’s a swing and a miss in my opinion.
Corsa really didn't have any intentions on making a 2020 GT500 kit. We however wanted to make it happen so we worked with them on trying out different components as well as having to have new parts made for it to work. We're extremely happy with it and I'm sure others who have already ordered them from us will be as well. It sounds great and honestly looks great too. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though so if the tips are an issue that's fine.

I've been driving the car with the system on it and it sounds amazing. All modes, gears, rpms sound just how a Corsa system should sound. Mild while cruising, loud when you get into it and zero drone.

In addition to driving the car with the new system on it around town I had 3 hours of lap time at the Pittsburgh International Race Complex with it on the road course along with members of the Corsa team and a few others and everyone was very impressed with it.

After the event we took the car to Corsa Performance headquarters to show their engineers and a few other members of their team how it sounds and looks and they were also very happy with it.

The system may not be for everyone but as mentioned I'm confident that those who end up running it will be very happy with it.

Thanks!

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Corsa really didn't have any intentions on making a 2020 GT500 kit. We however wanted to make it happen so we worked with them on trying out different components as well as having to have new parts made for it to work. We're extremely happy with it and I'm sure others who have already ordered them from us will be as well. It sounds great and honestly looks great too. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though so if the tips are an issue that's fine.

I've been driving the car with the system on it and it sounds amazing. All modes, gears, rpms sound just how a Corsa system should sound. Mild while cruising, loud when you get into it and zero drone.

In addition to driving the car with the new system on it around town I had 3 hours of lap time at the Pittsburgh International Race Complex with it on the road course along with members of the Corsa team and a few others and everyone was very impressed with it.

After the event we took the car to Corsa Performance headquarters to show their engineers and a few other members of their team how it sounds and looks and they were also very happy with it.

The system may not be for everyone but as mentioned I'm confident that those who end up running it will be very happy with it.

Thanks!
I wonder if the people who ordered it realized the size difference.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if the people who ordered it realized the size difference.
It's pretty well disclosed in the product description and title of the product. There's also pictures showing the system installed on each product page.

It is what it is. Either you like it or you don't.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
It's pretty well disclosed in the product description and title of the product. There's also pictures showing the system installed on each product page.

It is what it is. Either you like it or you don't.
I'm sure its disclosed. I'm not insinuating it wouldn't be. I've made plenty of purchases under assumption something like exhaust tips would be the same size.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah 4" don't look bad at all and probably only GT500 aficionados would even notice the difference. Its just 5" look better and would assume most people agree.
Sponsored