Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
EB PP has the same 4 piston calipers as the non PP GT
Non PP EB is another story, sad front calipers that are not compatible.

If you have the 4 piston calipers, the hoses will 100% bolt up to the Brembos.
Sponsored

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I could be wrong, I just remember reading it on LMR before I purchased the kit. Below is what they had posted.

• All 2015-2021 Non-Performance Pack Ecoboost/GT Mustangs will require OEM 6 piston brake hoses or J&M brake hose kit JM-22560FC (fits both 4 and 6 pistons)
I ended up buying these after realizing the brake cables that came with the take offs I bought didn’t bolt up to my non pp. I didn’t try to reuse the 4 piston cables due to lmr’s recommendation and reading post about changing to higher quality steel mesh cables. I was seriously afraid of screwing up my front brakes. These cables were perfect and I’d recommend.

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Lakeland ended up sending me the left shield. Who knows when the right one will become available…

BF2D1622-2A36-4DB9-8316-4125BF5689E6.jpeg

9053AEC6-D35B-4DFB-9895-2EB141592768.jpeg

SlowJunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT
EB PP has the same 4 piston calipers as the non PP GT
Non PP EB is another story, sad front calipers that are not compatible.

If you have the 4 piston calipers, the hoses will 100% bolt up to the Brembos.

Gotcha. Good to know! I had already planned on doing stainless lines when I upgraded the brakes so wasn't any real question for me but this is great info to help other seeking advice/answers.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I did not. I am going to see how things go at the track this spring and go from there. Last spring we got bad brake fade after about 4 laps on a short coarse(1.6 mi). They were rolling smoke when we came off. Granted I am pushing way more horsepower than stock so that may have a bit to do with it. I do think I will change to two peice rotors this year. The blank rotors that came with the kit weighted in at about 34 lbs each, which is more than the wheels. Stupid heavy. I have read the factory brake cooling is shit.

I have debated updating to the PP Brembo's and one thing that I believe gets overlooked is the need to change belly pan and either change control arms or add aftermarket air deflectors on the stockers to get cooling air into the rotors. Did you do this?

Sponsored

SlowJunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT
I have debated updating to the PP Brembo's and one thing that I believe gets overlooked is the need to change belly pan and either change control arms or add aftermarket air deflectors on the stockers to get cooling air into the rotors. Did you do this?
I did not. I am going to take a look when I get it back on the lift in a couple weeks to see if there is anything I can fab up to enhance brake cooling. I am pretty sure I will still experience brake fade when I go to the track this spring even after the upgrade but I want to get a few runs in before I make the call to modify anything or switch to 2 peice rotors.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I ordered the front 6 piston brake kit from lmr and it came with the small shields. Lead time was only a few days.
Which kit? The satin black brembo? I'm looking to do same thing.. can you reaue your old Non PP hoses?
Thank Anthony

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. Good to know! I had already planned on doing stainless lines when I upgraded the brakes so wasn't any real question for me but this is great info to help other seeking advice/answers.
[/QUOTE

I'm looking to do the same upgrade to 6 piston brembos.. can the non pp GT swap on brembos and still reuse the old hoses?
Thanks, Anthony

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Hey, im in same boat! Did you upgrade the rear to SS lines?
Thanks Anthony

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Lakeland ended up sending me the left shield. Who knows when the right one will become available…

BF2D1622-2A36-4DB9-8316-4125BF5689E6.jpeg

9053AEC6-D35B-4DFB-9895-2EB141592768.jpeg
I dont see the point of those tiny dust / splash shields. They would cover maybe 20% of the rotor???? Whats the point? Might as well run none.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I love the look of the Bimbos. I was thinking about purchasing the entire Bullitt Bimbo brake kit for my 2022 GT (non-PP) when it comes in

I am NOT very mechanically inclined, but I know a few people who are.

How hard is it to replace the stock GT brake calipers, rotors, and assorted parts that come in that complete kit?

I guess I would also need to see if the Black Accent Package 19 x 8.5 wheels would fit this kit?