Sponsored

Correct backing plates for 6 Piston Brembo brakes

SlowJunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT
Did you upgrade the master cylinder? Im on the fence about it
I did not. I am going to see how things go at the track this spring and go from there. Last spring we got bad brake fade after about 4 laps on a short coarse(1.6 mi). They were rolling smoke when we came off. Granted I am pushing way more horsepower than stock so that may have a bit to do with it. I do think I will change to two peice rotors this year. The blank rotors that came with the kit weighted in at about 34 lbs each, which is more than the wheels. Stupid heavy. I have read the factory brake cooling is shit.
Sponsored

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Did the front brake caliper, rotor and line swap last night. Will add splash shields when they come in. Noticed I could hear the pads rubbing on the rotors during my slow test drive. I was told that’s normal for new pads to get adjusted. Didn’t see any specific rubbed area in the rotors after. So it’s probably what that was.
9C3A02FD-0B80-43D0-8374-1E275155EE76.jpeg
4628485F-2E1F-434C-8DEF-D205F437A174.jpeg

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Did the front brake caliper, rotor and line swap last night. Will add splash shields when they come in. Noticed I could hear the pads rubbing on the rotors during my slow test drive. I was told that’s normal for new pads to get adjusted. Didn’t see any specific rubbed area in the rotors after. So it’s probably what that was.
9C3A02FD-0B80-43D0-8374-1E275155EE76.jpeg
4628485F-2E1F-434C-8DEF-D205F437A174.jpeg
Do you plan on upgrading the master cylinder? I just ordered the Bullitt front Brembos today.

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Do you plan on upgrading the master cylinder? I just ordered the Bullitt front Brembos today.
Not at the moment since I don’t track. I’m sure some would recommend it but I’m gonna leave as is for now.

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Not at the moment since I don’t track. I’m sure some would recommend it but I’m gonna leave as is for now.
I’m leaning towards it just cause it’s what it would have come with from factory with the brembos. OCD I guess. I don’t track either. How does the pedal feel vs the 4 pot calipers?

Sponsored

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I’m leaning towards it just cause it’s what it would have come with from factory with the brembos. OCD I guess. I don’t track either. How does the pedal feel vs the 4 pot calipers?
It’s only been a day but can’t tell much. I think that’s the consensus for most who have upgraded. They can mainly tell the difference on the track. But the calipers look really nice behind the front wheels. It wasn’t a necessity but I’m happy with it.

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
It’s only been a day but can’t tell much. I think that’s the consensus for most who have upgraded. They can mainly tell the difference on the track. But the calipers look really nice behind the front wheels. It wasn’t a necessity but I’m happy with it.
Same here
They do look good 👍🏻.

Saulmoreno7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt Base Modal
*Update on the splash shields…I placed an order with Lakeland Ford 1/26 and much to my surprise they sent me the splash shields I already had. Apparently they decided I ordered the wrong ones because the high performance brakes didn’t match my vin. If you order these while upgrading your brakes be sure to tell them you are upgrading so they don’t change your order. Also, one of those splash shields is still back ordered with no expected date. I cancelled my order and going without. I will add splash shields once parts become available.
[/QUOTe
They did the same and prolonged my shipping

Saulmoreno7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt Base Modal
Can you use the same lines if you have a 2019 mustang gt base with the 4 piston calipers?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I must be mistaken then. If Steeda says it's ok. I'm sure it is.

SlowJunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT
I am pretty sure you cannot use the factory front lines from 4 piston to 6 piston however the lines that steeda sells will work with both 4 or 6 piston. I used the steeda lines.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Factory 4 piston lines bolt directly to the Brembos.
Did it on my 16.

SlowJunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT
Factory 4 piston lines bolt directly to the Brembos.
Did it on my 16.
I could be wrong, I just remember reading it on LMR before I purchased the kit. Below is what they had posted.

• All 2015-2021 Non-Performance Pack Ecoboost/GT Mustangs will require OEM 6 piston brake hoses or J&M brake hose kit JM-22560FC (fits both 4 and 6 pistons)
Sponsored