bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I’ll go first. I was once a bouncer at a small gentleman’s club. It was back in 1989. It paid $6 an hour under the table. And I could have as many draft beers as I wanted for free. Provided I never got drunk enough that I couldn’t remove someone if I had to. Why is it the worst paying jobs are usually the most fun?
Sponsored

Last edited:

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
When my ex husband got stationed in California (2008-29 Palms)and they needed civilians to help with the new barracks that were being built on base. My job was kind of fun (to me) like digging ditches, cleaning the rooms, hallways, etc. It was fun showing up in a vest and a hard hat with rest of the guys but I did get $40 an hour. The temp services were paying a lot for people that worked on base for those kind of jobs. It lasted for 2 months though. Made good money and I had fun.

Another good job I had was in Jax, NC working for a construction company as a field clerk. Just me and the project manager (cool AF) overseeing the public safety building that was getting built. My job consisted of reading the plans at times, checking on the electricians, plumbers, dry wall guys, hvac, etc. I had so much fun being the only woman there just bullshitting with the subs. Used to chill at the armory and the holding cells once they were finished, because it was cool AF and we were the first people in those rooms, chiefs office, gyms, fire fighters dorm rooms, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
That’s funny. My first real job out of high school was construction. I absolutely hated it. Very cool that you enjoyed it though.:muscle:

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
The job I have now.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I am an alum of a recon unit. Nam '65-'67. Want a good idea of what I did? Read the book The Five Fingers by Gayle Rivers. As they said on Draget, the names have been changed to protect the innocent

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...my coolest job was being a "full time Papaw" to my Grandson.
I was scared to death to hold him when he was first born, so I never
held him until he was around 6 mos old.
After that, I couldn't get enough of him.
It was always; 'papaw, papaw, papaw, papaw' all the time.
Drove my daughter crazy with "Papaw says this or that." She had already
had her fill of me.

Now, I have someone to leave ALL mine and my wife's possessions to.
It is a real joy getting to spoil him and @ 16, he is spoiled..................................:clap::giggle:

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Around ‘91 I was stationed in Vieques PR, a small tropical island with the Seabees. One job the equipment operators had was to drive the open cab water tanker and refill it. Took an hour or so to fill sitting in the sun looking over the Caribbean at PR listening to my Walkman. Good times

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Gotta go with current one…I fly a corporate jet for a well known group in Southern California, whom I cannot mention because of an ironclad NDA.

I have gotten to see parts of the country/world I would not have seen any other way…from King Salmon Alaska down to Guatemala, and all the way over the North Atlantic to Iceland, Scotland and Zurich, Switzerland.

….suffice it to say, I have some stories 😂

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Gotta go with current one…I fly a corporate jet for a well known group in Southern California, whom I cannot mention because of an ironclad NDA.

I have gotten to see parts of the country/world I would not have seen any other way…from King Salmon Alaska down to Guatemala, and all the way over the North Atlantic to Iceland, Scotland and Zurich, Switzerland.

….suffice it to say, I have some stories 😂
Plain clothes cop in the Tenderloin

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
"How Funny !" Went to Stanford after the corp. Parents wanted an attorney in the family. They got their wish. How ever, much to their dismay, I chose law enforcement rather than the high dollar litigation law firm my late uncle was a sr partner of. Settled in TX. 38 yrs later ............ Done !

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I used to run the processing room where we recycled all kids of hazardous wastes. Did a couple years overseas in Iraq/Kuwait working on MRAPS and another 7 stateside. Was the 🚔 for 8 years, catching up on some classes now to get back out on the streets. Out of all of mine, these 3 seem to be the ones that always stick out in my mind, hard to pick just one.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Best job will be traveling the country on my motorcycle once I retire. 😁

I haven't had a summer off since the 70s. Looking forward to that. 🤣

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

You will love it. I was able to tour the Pacific NW states prior to all the current issues. Inland is still safe. One simply stays out of Portland/Seattle.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

That’s not a job. That’s an adventure. Remember that commercial?
Sponsored