Sponsored

Coolant temperature light

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Hi folks,

Is it normal that the coolant temperature light is always on? I was never really bothered by it because I think it was there from when it was brand new. But recently a friend drove my car and the first thing he said is that the light was on and that there might be a leak or the tank is empty. I checked but I the tank is half full and can't really see a leak somewere.

See pictures for the error light. Notice that this picture was taken on cold start in my garage. I didn't dare to drive it to see if it goes away.
20180125_153414.jpg
20180125_153438.jpg
Sponsored

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
I really don't believe it's normal... I never had this light. I would definitively go to your ford dealer to have a check on this. Can also be an signal error... but for sure get it verified :)

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
I really don't believe it's normal... I never had this light. I would definitively go to your ford dealer to have a check on this. Can also be an signal error... but for sure get it verified :)
Alright thanks, my oil life is at 26%, should I get that changed too or is it too early? how low can you go with oil life?

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
oh I'm a really bad mechanic xD ahahha

I would say, if you keep your services interval (once a year) there should be no problem :)

but maybe someone else can help better on this.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Not sure if serious or trolling...

That isn't a warning light...It just indicates the water temp gauge.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Not sure if serious or trolling...

That isn't a warning light...It just indicates the water temp gauge.
Yeah that's what I thought, so it's normal that the light is always on? I wanted to be sure because my friend told me it's the coolant temperature warning light and since other members of this group told me that they never had that light I was worried.

I found this in the manual and it looked exactly like it.
20180125_162546.jpg

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Unless there is something different in the Euro cars. If there is an issue, you will get a yellow light in the center display.

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Unless there is something different in the Euro cars. If there is an issue, you will get a yellow light in the center display.
Alright thanks it's probably nothing then since I don't get any error on the center display. Was just worried because it looks exaclty like the sign in the manual
20180125_162546.jpg

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I'm at work right now and can't check the car, and I just can't remember how the center display looks like.. but one thing is sure: if it is a warning, it can't be lighted in white :)
A warning should be lighted in red or yellow.
In the first picture it is red only because you are using red ambient lights.. if you change them to blue, you will have this light illuminated in blue, and it can't really be the warning light :D
You can also check the fuel gauge on the other side, you should have the pump icon lighted but this not means that you are running out of gas.
Sponsored