Sponsored

Coolant reservoir top: Clear or Black?

Which coolant reservoir top would you prefer from the factory?

• Clear

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Black

Votes: 74 86.0%

• Total voters

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
I guess. I just want to know what people on the site prefer and the way it stands now an overwhelming majority would pick black over clear.

Keep the votes coming please. :)
I voted black. I wouldnt mind a completely black resivoir with a clear strip down the middle or somewhere so you can easily see how full it is.
Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Funny how people who don't GAF tend to post up and gripe about it. I guess they must GAF. LMAO at them.

Evidently 26 people GAF about black and only 4 GAF about clear. If you don't GAF feel free to stay away from the poll.
You asked what peoples' opinions were. Not caring one way or another isn't griping, its just some folks' thoughts on the matter. But I guess those opinions don't matter. :shrug:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I'm going to vote Black considering they decided to put the reservoir right in the front in plain view. Like I said in another thread, if it were on the side of the engine bay, like most cars, I could care less as it's not as visible.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
If I had Any FTG I Wouldn't GASF cause It's Under the Hood and Not Visible 99% of the time, and It Doesn't Affect the Performance a bit. Yeah I Bitch about Not Wanting Black Wheels on My Eco-Boost because it affects the Appearance and I Just Personally HATE Black Wheels, but the Color of the Coolant Tank I DGAF about as long as it's easy to see if it's full.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
If you all buy the Guard or Magnetic....black wheels will look good on it esp semi gloss black ...trust me. It really accents the metallic grey color. Flat black (shitty plasti-dip) or full gloss looks sooooo cheap!

Sponsored

Steve-OO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truck

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
You know, TB, that you can strip the paint off the wheels, polish them, then clear coat.

Might look pretty good. Saw a guy doing this to his Civic Wheels after a Google Search on Stripping and Polishing Wheels.

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
You asked what peoples' opinions were. Not caring one way or another isn't griping, its just some folks' thoughts on the matter. But I guess those opinions don't matter. :shrug:
No I asked for a color vote. People voicing opinions is fine but saying "I don't care.", then posting just that means YOU DO CARE OR YOU WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BOTHERED CLICKING ON THE THREAD. Again, I'm not asking for opinions, I asked which color you would prefer. If a person doesn't care I AM FINE WITH THAT. Great, fantastic. We shouldn't have to be belittled about starting a thread that there is obviously interest in. Some people don't have any tact or class when it comes to the internet. I hope you aren't one of those.

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Bingo. Or in this case - irrelevant.
To you but not for 44 people voting so far (and with an overwhelming percentage wanting black BTW). A lot of posts in this thread by you since you don't even care. Different strokes for different folks. If you can't understand that your life is and will be difficult interacting with people.

Sponsored

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Man, for so many people to be worried about something you'll never look at while driving is shocking. Who cares?!?

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Man, for so many people to be worried about something you'll never look at while driving is shocking. Who cares?!?
I think it's the "car show" or "show my engine compartment" experience that might be troubling :)

It will be interesting to see if there is an aftermarket response to the stock part. It didn't look as ponderous in person to me, but it clearly is different than the current underhood appearance.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Untwist your undies

Buy Engine Enamel Paint

Paint Top of Reservoir tank

Problem solved

Tears wiped away and hugs given

Look it up on any Mopar Forum tons of people do it. YOU CAN EVEN PAINT MATCH THEN ZOMG!

dkmcclelland

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic Si
If you all buy the Guard or Magnetic....black wheels will look good on it esp semi gloss black ...trust me. It really accents the metallic grey color. Flat black (shitty plasti-dip) or full gloss looks sooooo cheap!

This is your opinion. I, like many other people here, don't like black wheels AT ALL! No matter what the finish is. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
This is your opinion. I, like many other people here, don't like black wheels AT ALL! No matter what the finish is. Opinions are like ..., everybody has one.
Gloss black looks AWESOME with Magnetic :) And indeed, this is a hot button item, just like the coolant reservoir tank appearance.
Sponsored