Sponsored

Coolant extraction and refill - Is an Airlift 550000 the best way to do this right?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
That one is half the cost of the Airlift and appears to be very similar. I wish I had seen that one first.
sorry I didn't share it sooner šŸ˜ƒ. maybe it will be helpful for others.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I used my Airlift yesterday and it worked perfectly. It was super simple to use.

- Drain coolant from radiator

- Insert rubber cone fitting into coolant tank and insert gauge assembly into rubber cone fitting and tighten collar to create a tight seal

- Hook up shop air (90 psi minimum) to vacuum/extraction hose to gauge assembly, open valve and draw a vacuum (25 psi)

- Disconnect vacuum/extraction hose and connect fill hose to gauge assembly, insert other end of hose into coolant bottle and open valves on the gauge assembly and fill hose

- When gauge reads zero, filling is complete.

Note: I did turn my heater control and fan motor to High during this process.

Holding vacuum for 15 min. to ensure that there are no leaks in the system before proceeding.

1675689029361.jpeg

Filling coolant system.

1675689223592.jpeg

Vacuum gauge reading zero (which indicates coolant system is full.

1675689369591.jpeg

Coolant tank full. Note: The level is a little high, but it should lower itself once I run the engine, but Iā€™m not quite ready to start the engine yet. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll likely end up having to add a little more coolant to the tank.

1675689532661.jpeg

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Thanks for all of this info. Perfect timing. I haven't converted my coolant yet, and with 68K miles it's time to tackle this. I'm going to try the Mishimoto version.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I used my Airlift yesterday and it worked perfectly. It was super simple to use.

- Drain coolant from radiator

- Insert rubber cone fitting into coolant tank and insert gauge assembly into rubber cone fitting and tighten collar to create a tight seal

- Hook up shop air (90 psi minimum) to vacuum/extraction hose to gauge assembly, open valve and draw a vacuum (25 psi)

- Disconnect vacuum/extraction hose and connect fill hose to gauge assembly, insert other end of hose into coolant bottle and open valves on the gauge assembly and fill hose

- When gauge reads zero, filling is complete.

Note: I did turn my heater control and fan motor to High during this process.

Holding vacuum for 15 min. to ensure that there are no leaks in the system before proceeding.

1675689029361.jpeg

Filling coolant system.

1675689223592.jpeg

Vacuum gauge reading zero (which indicates coolant system is full.

1675689369591.jpeg

Coolant tank full. Note: The level is a little high, but it should lower itself once I run the engine, but Iā€™m not quite ready to start the engine yet. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll likely end up having to add a little more coolant to the tank.

1675689532661.jpeg
what kind of a compressor is necressary for this tool?

Sponsored

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
what kind of a compressor is necressary for this tool?
My compressor is a Husky 30 gallon thatā€™s capable of putting out 175 PSI, but the minimum shop air requirement is 90 PSI.

Bcar123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium
Was planning on using this when replacing the roush pump for the supercharger coolant with the 13-14 GT500 pump on my 2017 GT.

Can anyone advise if the same amount of vacuum pressure is needed and are the hoses to the intercooler etc. suppose to collapse completely?

Also do I need to reduce the shop air pressure going through the lines as compared to the 90 psi discussed here?

Appreciate it.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No need to reduce the psi of your shop air. You just need to watch the vacuum gauge and close it when it reaches 25. Iā€™m speaking in reference to the regular coolant system. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any any difference with the SC intercooler, as it too is aluminum just like the factory radiator.
Sponsored