Cool Tech's 350/350R Brake Duct Completion Kit

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Garage Queen
Ford did *most* of the job right on the GT350/350R, picking up air with dedicated brake ducts in the front bumper and then channeling that air back through the substructure and to the inside front of the wheel well opening. Kudos! But, as is, the ingested air through this ducting simply blows air on the lower control arm and not the caliper or disc where it could be a whole lot more effective. :frusty: Ironically, Ford did the job right on the Mustang GT with the Performance Pack (6-piston Brembos) as they incorporate an air deflector on the lower control arm to direct air on the rotor and caliper. Pictured below is a wheel of a GT350/R with a deflector from a GT PP car mounted on the lower arm. (But, you'd have to buy both GT PP lower arms to get these deflectors.)

But Ford didnā€™t quite finish the job on your GT350/350R. The GT 350/350R lower control arms are neither tapped nor do they have an air deflector to get this routed airflow onto the rotor/caliper! What a waste! The channeled air is simply lost.

With our Cool Tech Brake Duct Completion Kit, we include all of the parts ā€“ and even the installation tools so that any owner can make their brake ducts functional and improve cooling to the rotor and caliper. Weā€™ve reproduced the design of the deflectors used by Ford. We prototyped the deflectors in three different metals in order to provide the best performing deflector at the lightest weight possible. We are using a 5052 aluminum as it is a little more durable than 6061 and it also accommodates a smaller bend radius without stress fractures. Perhaps best of all, each deflector weighs less than 3 ounces! To make the job easy and straightforward for any owner, we include not only a high quality tap, but also a T-handle Tap Wrench so that you can easily thread the existing holes. (No drilling is required!) Finally, the kit includes super-corrosion-resistant 316 stainless fasteners ā€“ and even an allen key to secure everything in place!

Finally, here's a pic with the kit contents - essentially everything you need to have "completed" brake ducts on your GT350/350R.

The Completion Kit can be pre-ordered now on our website for an introductory price of $59.95. http://www.cooltechllc.com/2015-mustang-gtgt350gt350r/100-gt350350r-brake-deflectors.html

We have all of the parts on-hand and we are just waiting to have the deflectors themselves back from powdercoating. We will be shipping all orders received on or before next Friday, Dec 2.
Sponsored

Last edited:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This sounds like a good idea. Any way to test its effectiveness?

Thanks for taking the time to develop parts for our cars also. Do you have anything else in the works?

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Have you tested the deflectors to show the amount of increased cooling results on the front rotors and calipers? I wonder how the aerodynamics in and around the wheel well would be effected?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Your first picture is a GT350. I can tell by the magride strut and it's wiring. And I do not recall the GTPP having those brake ducts oem. Looks to me like you put a GTPP lower control arm on a GT350. The wheel well splash shield is also a gt350.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
that is awesome

Sponsored

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
"And I do not recall the GTPP having those brake ducts oem"

that is correct that is why GTPP has those deflectors.

Your first picture is a GT350. I can tell by the magride strut and it's wiring. And I do not recall the GTPP having those brake ducts oem. Looks to me like you put a GTPP lower control arm on a GT350. The wheel well splash shield is also a gt350.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
But I've never had a problem with these brakes on track to begin with? :shrug:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
"And I do not recall the GTPP having those brake ducts oem"

that is correct that is why GTPP has those deflectors.
Yes I understand. But in his post he says the GTPP has the same brake ducts. They do not. Its misleading to the customer.
The picture they posted is a GT350. Not a GT as they claim. I know it well. I have taken mine apart and studied everything. What they did was put either a GT lower control arm on or put the GT air deflector on the GT350 arm. I have replaced all my control arm on my car.
image.jpeg

OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Garage Queen
Looks to me like you put a GTPP lower control arm on a GT350. The wheel well splash shield is also a gt350.
The wheel well pictured is a GT350R which should be identical to a GT350 in this area. The lower arm is the OEM arm with the GT PP plastic shield mounted to it. The ONLY difference between the GT350/R lower arm and the GT PP lower arm is that the PP's arm has these same holes tapped and it includes that deflector. In fact, the deflector cannot be purchased separately - you must purchase the entire arm. The owner of this GT350R purchased the lower control arms from a GT PP, removed the deflectors, and attached them to his GT350R arms after tapping them. This is also an alternative for owners - but a whole lot more expensive because both GT PP arms must be purchased.

Voodooo/others - I cleaned up the wording of the original post as it was admittedly confusing and we certainly didn't intend it to be that way.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The wheel well pictured is a GT350R which should be identical to a GT350 in this area. The lower arm is the OEM arm with the GT PP plastic shield mounted to it. The ONLY difference between the GT350/R lower arm and the GT PP lower arm is that the PP's arm has these same holes tapped and it includes that deflector. In fact, the deflector cannot be purchased desperately - you must purchase the entire arm. The owner of this GT350R purchased the lower control arms from a GT PP, removed the deflectors, and attached them to his GT350R arms after tapping them. This is also an alternative for owners - but a whole lot more expensive because both GT PP arms must be purchased.
I know this, but your statement is saying the GT has the same oem brake ducts and to look at the pictures in your op. It's misleading. I'm well aware of the the GT350/R suspension. I had completely removed every single piece from the whole car myself doing mods.
Happy Thanksgiving!
:cheers:

Sponsored

VTBoss302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Kendall,

Great to see you developing more products for the GT350

Any chance you might consider offering a front and rear tow hook kit for the GT350 in the near future like you did for the Boss 302?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
More stuff to buy

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Ruby red GT350
@ CoolTech, any chance you guys could be developping a trans cooler kit. That's the kind of thing we need. Thx

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
But does it work? If so, How well?
Sponsored