Sponsored

Convertibles running faster than 13.49 at the track?

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
It's an A10 so off the brake and pedal to the floor.
Oh that’s right, I forgot when I made that post. Your trans is doing the slipping for you. Nice! Those A10’s are super impressive. I like manual for twisty road driving but I may have to go A10 on the next car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Thatguy

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
Oh that’s right, I forgot when I made that post. Your trans is doing the slipping for you. Nice! Those A10’s are super impressive. I like manual for twisty road driving but I may have to go A10 on the next car.
I've had a number of cars with a 6 speed manual transmission. I miss rowing through the gears sometimes but also like to just drive without having to do anything too. I probably use the paddles at least half of the time when I'm driving.

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I've had a number of cars with a 6 speed manual transmission. I miss rowing through the gears sometimes but also like to just drive without having to do anything too. I probably use the paddles at least half of the time when I'm driving.
Right on. I have a 15 GT 6M. If I get another it will most likely be an 18+ auto. They look like fun and are always in the power band.

OP
OP
Thatguy

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
12.30 2.jpg

We finished my E30 tune so I went back to the track last night. Wanted to keep the comparison apples to apples so I was still on street tires. Definitely harder to launch now. Sticky tires will get the car into the 11s but I'm really thinking about if it's worth the expense now. When I go through tech, the guy reminds me I'm not supposed to run faster than 13.49 but they haven't said anything during the night. I might see one other convertible at the track while I'm there. And that's just a guess so I think the car will start to stand out and they might ask me to slow down (not worth running then) or leave. Then it would be time to sell the tires. Overall I'm happy with the results.
Sponsored