Sponsored

Convertibles - DSP Craps On Your Audio When You Drop The Top

TechGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Convertible - Magnetic
First, I know there is some information about this topic posted here, but it is scattered all over the forums in different posts - none of which seem to have begun with this topic as the original topic. I thought about just adding another reply to the "Modifying ABD" thread, but I really want to work it out first and not have it get lost in there.

This is something that has bothered me (and bothered my wife more, thereby bothering me more) the whole time we've had our car. You have the music sounding awesome, then you drop the top and the DSP changes the EQ in a way that sounds awful. I know I'm not alone in wanting to turn this off.

One solution posted earlier is to remove my Sync system from the car, mail it off to someone to have them program this out, and then mail it back to me. Another solution indicated it might be possible to change this in the As-Built Data using Forscan. Of course, if it can be done in the As-Built Data, I'd rather do that - much easier.

The post that gave me hope is this one:
I THINK I GOT IT!!!!!

In the DSP change 783-01-01:

TO: 0000

I need to take the car out and run it around but in the garage it sure does sound the same!

HUGE THANKS TO SPART AND QUACKFOO!!!

I'll check back in a couple of days to confirm This isn't my daily driver and the weather has been crap on the east coast lately.
However, I went looking for this today in ForScan and found that the value SWallace found set to "2000" in his car is set to "3000" in mine, and setting it to "0000" didn't seem to do anything.

Ofc, my car is a '16 GT Premium Vert with Shaker Pro (the 12 speaker variety) - maybe that's the difference? Anyway, I really want to squash this behavior without having to do the whole mailing back and forth thing. Has anyone else tried to turn this off in the '16 Mustang with Shaker Pro?
Sponsored