Sponsored

Convertible Windscreen alternative, courtesy of Audi!

Mossberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP, 2002 Mustang GT
I use a booster with the bottom cushion only for my daughter. The rear seatback is the perfect height for her when using the bottom booster only, since the seatbelt is mounted so low on the convertible.

I only use the high back in my truck.
Sponsored

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Ok I'm going to finally install this tomorrow. Should I basically start by putting both front seats back as far as they can go, and then mount the screen accordingly? That way the screen accommodates anyone sitting in the car? Basically looking for any last minute tips or tricks.

Thanks!

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ok, install is done. Looks pretty good, though I think I wish I would have mounted it a little higher so that the screen was more upright. Did make sure it was completely level at least. Overall I'm pretty happy but questioning the positioning.

Fyi there was no way I could have the seat all the way back and install this. There wasn't enough room from any angle I tried.

20230330_111018.jpg

20230330_111025.jpg

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Looks good.

I positioned mine first by having the seat back as far as it goes and then measuring. Mine with the seat as far back as it can go is approximately 1/4 inch from the screen itself. I also have mine positioned so then when its folded down, the top is even with the top of the sides.

For yours, it may have to do with your seat angle. May have to play with it. I did this so I could still use the easy entry / exit because it moves the seat to back.

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Well unless I decide to make a cover for the existing holes, it is what it is. Looks good just I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Sponsored

Clintro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clinton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Convertable
Ok, install is done. Looks pretty good, though I think I wish I would have mounted it a little higher so that the screen was more upright. Did make sure it was completely level at least. Overall I'm pretty happy but questioning the positioning.

Fyi there was no way I could have the seat all the way back and install this. There wasn't enough room from any angle I tried.

20230330_111018.jpg

20230330_111025.jpg
Same here.... Soon I will do a rear seat delete and then have more room to move it back.

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So I may modify my assessment. Looking at the love the drive deflectors, that screen leans even further forward. So, the positioning is likely correct as compared to the other more official brands. I guess I did alright!

racerdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convert 17 GMC Sierra 15 Terrain
I first installed my current Audi screen on my 17 and now my 22. Both had same angle like you show. For the screen to be more upright the pivot would have to be further forward, or the bottom screen would have to be deeper in the rear seatback

GreenVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green Mustang GT Convertible
OK, I have the audi screen and the grommets from lowes and am ready to install. But first I re-read this entire thread and still have a few questions for those that have done it.
1) How do you remove the cover over the area you have to drill into?
2) How deep do you need to drill?
3) Should the holes exactly mirror each other on each side?
4) Will the easy entry still work or do you have to disable it?
5) Is the goal to get the upright screen as close to vertical as possible and the horizonal screen as close to level as possible? If so.,how far down the back seat back should it touch? It looks to me if the horizonal screen slopes a little bit down toward the back that will make the vertical screen more upright and not leaning toward the front seats.
6) how snug up against the back seatback should it rest? just barely touching or pressing a good bit on the back seat?
7) Is it best to put some kind of insulation/barrier etc. on the end of the horizonal screen where it touches the back seat back to prevent rubbing damage?
I only want to drill one set of holes and not regret it so I need any advice I can get before I undertake this. Thanks. Again, this forum is awesome. I never would've thought of this idea on my own.
Charles

racerdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convert 17 GMC Sierra 15 Terrain
I put a length of foam pipe insulation on the part that touch’s the rear seatback. The kind that is split the full length

Sponsored

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
OK, I have the audi screen and the grommets from lowes and am ready to install. But first I re-read this entire thread and still have a few questions for those that have done it.
5) Is the goal to get the upright screen as close to vertical as possible and the horizonal screen as close to level as possible? If so.,how far down the back seat back should it touch? It looks to me if the horizonal screen slopes a little bit down toward the back that will make the vertical screen more upright and not leaning toward the front seats.
6) how snug up against the back seatback should it rest? just barely touching or pressing a good bit on the back seat?
7) Is it best to put some kind of insulation/barrier etc. on the end of the horizonal screen where it touches the back seat back to prevent rubbing damage?
I only want to drill one set of holes and not regret it so I need any advice I can get before I undertake this. Thanks. Again, this forum is awesome. I never would've thought of this idea on my own.
Charles
I can answer #1 since it us hollow drill through it. It will not take mush so be gentle.
I put a length of foam pipe insulation on the part that touch’s the rear seatback. The kind that is split the full length
great idea

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Charles
1) the top cap pulls up and the side panels pull inward. Be sure the top cap is reseated correctly before you raise the top up or it will scare the F out of you.
2) the plastic is only 1/8" or so thick but you must take care not to place the hole at one of the raised areas on the back side.
3) yes, as closely as you can.
4) Don't have that feature so don't know. My seat will go all the way back when upright though. YRMV
5) personal preference I think. I placed a cardboard box on the rear seat to hold up the screen while I played with positioning. My upright is slightly tipped forward I believe.
6) mine touches but doesn't push into the seat back.
7) I did/have not. Going on 3 years now and zero wear.

The thing is I doubt any two of these have been installed exactly the same. Use lots of blue tape to mark where you want to drill and find what you like best. Double, triple and quadruple check then grit your teeth and drill away. You will like the outcome.

GreenVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
looks like the consensus is to drill the holes between 3/4 inch to 1 inch below the moulding line and about 3/4 inch to 1 inch back from end of seat belt cut off.

GreenVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Job is finished, turned out great. Thanks guys for all your advice. This forum rocks :)
IMG_7433.jpeg
IMG_7434.jpeg
IMG_7435.jpeg