Convertible Windscreen alternative, courtesy of Audi!

Discussion in 'Mustang Convertible' started by Aggie96, Jun 29, 2018.

1. SirLoin

SirLoin Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang V6 Convertible
    0   0   0
    Mine was also very different from sdiver68. Here's a pic of sdiver68's measurements, marked by the X in pen, and where I ended up drilling my holes. Test fitting with his measurements, it was so tight I couldn't hold it in place. I'm not sure why the hole locations are so different. Just be sure you test fit and drill them where you'll be happy with the look, because you only get one chance to get it right. IMG_4203.JPG IMG_4204.JPG IMG_4205.JPG

2. sdiver68

sdiver68 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Intersting, thanks for sharing! If mine were that far forward it would hit the seat back during easy exit. Maybe your screen is different? Or maybe year or package?

Like you said, measure 3 times and cut once!

3. Fastbackjon

Fastbackjon New Member

First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost convertible.
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the lead on an Audi windscreen alternative. I will see if there are any out there left for sale !

4. SirLoin

SirLoin Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang V6 Convertible
    0   0   0
    I have a 2017 V6 and my wind screen is supposedly the same 2002-09 A4 model. I have the power driver's seat, but it doesn't have the easy exit.

I updated my original reply with pics of the wind screen installed. It's not as close to the driver's seat as it looks in the pics. I can recline my seat about 3 clicks before it hits the windscreen and I have the seat bottom all the way back.

I'm still wondering how we got different results, but couldn't be happier with my new wind screen. Drilling holes in my mustang was hardly a sacrifice for how much it improved my top down experience!

5. racerdave

racerdave Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang Eco Convert 2017 GMC Sierra 2015 GMC terrain 2010 HD Roadglide Custom 850 Polaris XC Indy Polaris 600 Indy Polaris XCSP 600 ves
    0   0   0
    I am thinking to a point, what we all see as different holes drilled, are really small fractions different if we all had the cars in a group and each measured for ourselves together on each others vehicles.

6. mpwillis

mpwillis Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Monty
    Vehicle(s):
    '15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
    0   0   0
    LOL! I sold a 2008 Audi A4 Vert to get the Mustang (Feb 15). I've had a brand new in the case windscreen and long ago tested the fit - pretty good I thought. I went ahead and bought LTD, but as some have mentioned, lots of straps! I'll be approaching the Audi windscreen again and find the right fit. Great post!