Sponsored

Convertible Windscreen alternative, courtesy of Audi!

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
The foldable arms will rest on the rear seatbelts, which is nice as they won't rub on the leather. The best bet is to have someone mark for you as you hold in the position you want, then measure and mark the other side. That way you can place it exactly how you want it. I debated if I wanted it higher or lower and I finally went with lower.
Aggie: I see how you drilled the holes. Can you think of any way that would work without drilling holes? I get a little concerned with the hole drilling.

Thanks

CVCAshmere

OP
OP

Aggie96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I don't believe so, unless you made brackets that would fit similar to how the love the drive windscreen works. But at that point, it would probably be easier to buy the love the drive unit.

Aggie: I see how you drilled the holes. Can you think of any way that would work without drilling holes? I get a little concerned with the hole drilling.

Thanks

CVCAshmere

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
[MENTION=35758]Aggie96[/MENTION], you sir/madam are a genius! Picked one up off e-bay for $100 and now I can actually feel the AC at 80MPH without blasting the fan! The wife doesn't need to hold her hat on anymore as well. There was NO WAY I was going to pay a ridiculous $450 for that piece of plastic from LTD! Thanks for the tip! :cheers:

Indylatenight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
[MENTION=35758]Aggie96[/MENTION], you sir/madam are a genius! Picked one up off e-bay for $100 and now I can actually feel the AC at 80MPH without blasting the fan! The wife doesn't need to hold her hat on anymore as well. There was NO WAY I was going to pay a ridiculous $450 for that piece of plastic from LTD! Thanks for the tip! :cheers:
Not sure what you're looking at, but the LTD is not plastic. I know because I have one. Plus, you can find them cheaper than the 450 retail price. I paid somewhere around 350 for mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Aggie96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that his point is that the existing windscreen options are unreasonably expensive for what you get. It's not necessarily all LTD's fault as Ford didn't include an integrated option like BMW, Audi, and others include. But for $300 less you get a unit that folds in half and fits in the back section of the trunk so it doesn't take up as much space, includes a storage bag to protect the screen, and installs/removes in less than 5 seconds. The only downside is that you have to be willing to drill holes in your beloved mustang. I think that we are all celebrating the fact that there is another option and stressing the fact that no matter what option you choose, a windscreen is a must to really enjoy your convertible, regardless of how much you spend!

My next goals are to: disable the speed restriction for top movement and to get the a/c seats to actually feel like a/c seats.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
How's the interference with the seat going all the way back (the easy entry mode thing)?

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
My next goals are to: disable the speed restriction for top movement and to get the a/c seats to actually feel like a/c seats.
I had this on one of my Nissan 370Z’s. Worked like a charm. My Mustang does not tolerate any movement while I am lowering or raising the top that I can tell.

Incidentally, I noticed the the A/C needs to be on before my cooled seats will actually cool. I would bet they are more like climate controlled seats I had in my last car.

OP
OP

Aggie96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no problems with the easy entry mode (when it works lol). I added a picture to the link above so that you can see the spacing. That spacing is with the default return of the easy entry, so you have plenty of room to lean back even more.

How's the interference with the seat going all the way back (the easy entry mode thing)?

Dave99GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang Convertible
any idea how this will fit in a 2014 Mustang convertible (V6)?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Aggie96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Possible, here are the measurements. Worst case scenario, buy one from someone who accepts returns and then either return it or sell it yourself on eBay.

Front width at pins (not including the pins): 46.5"
Length of the pins (each): 1.75"
Approximate middle width: 43.25"
Width at rear: 33.5"
Depth: 18"5
Distance between rear stabilizing protrusions that for me rest on the rear seatbelts: 38.75"

So your widest point where the pin holes will be drilled and the screen will be behind the front seats can't be more than approximately 49-49.5" or less than approximately 46.5".

any idea how this will fit in a 2014 Mustang convertible (V6)?

ScottM_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible
Aggie96,
Mine has not arrived yet. The first one I won on eBay turned out to be a flake seller. Are the pins spring loaded and do they have to travel the full stroke to latch?
Thanks,
Scott

OP
OP

Aggie96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are spring loaded. They actually lock into the retracted position to store the unit in the bag. Then when you take it out you simply push the two buttons on either side to pop them back out. Guide the far side pin into it's hole, then push the pin in on the nearside to get it into it's hole and it will spring back out as far as it can go.

Aggie96,
Mine has not arrived yet. The first one I won on eBay turned out to be a flake seller. Are the pins spring loaded and do they have to travel the full stroke to latch?
Thanks,
Scott

ScottM_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible
Thanks. CVCashmere asked for a way to use it without the holes. I 3D printed a couple of cup type fittings for the pin to rest in that can be taped to the panel using some good 3M tape. I have no issues with the holes but I will give these a try and report back.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Aggie96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great idea! By my estimation you have .5" on each side to play with where I have mine mounted.

This is why I love cars with enthusiast sites!

Thanks. Someone asked for a way to use it without the holes. I 3D printed a couple of cup type fittings for the pin to rest in that can be tapped to the panel using some good 3M tape. I have no issues with the holes but I will give these a try and report back.
Sponsored