Sponsored

Convertible roof-side window fitting

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Hey, so not sure what any of these parts are called, and especially not in English... but I'll try...

Above the side windows the roof/brace seems to made of 3 (or maybe 4) parts that are hinged and collapse over each other when the roof is taken down. On my passenger side these sit flush with each other, but on the drivers side they seem to not come together properly. They seem misaligned about 5-6mm on each end... this makes the door and window "stick" a bit when opening the door, even if the window goes down... there's about 1-2mm that sits behind the sealing/plastic thingy on the roof/brace and I see the window "pop" out whenever I open it. (This part seems to be a sealing/softer bit so there's some give to it...)

Anyone understand that? Or observed similar?

If it's just a plastic that can be "popped" correct I could try and tweak it myself - but otherwise I guess I need to have it serviced... which I'm not looking forward to as both service centers here have never touch a Mustang convertible... (though one of them have a coupe).

I'll try to add some pics tomorrow...
Sponsored