Sponsored

Convertible in a car wash?

HBTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I have run mine through all sorts of car washes at least twice a month since I bought it in 2015. No leaks or damage to the top or antenna. There are fine scratches on the clear coat, but you have to look in the right light to notice it. I’ll take those over the dirt any day.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TruckandaMustang

TruckandaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX 4 2021 Mustang GT
I have run mine through all sorts of car washes at least twice a month since I bought it in 2015. No leaks or damage to the top or antenna. There are fine scratches on the clear coat, but you have to look in the right light to notice it. I’ll take those over the dirt any day.
Totally Agree man. I want to love having the car not stress about hair line scratches. This car will be driven to death and I have no illusions that I am going to use it as an investment. Then if the scratches are too much there is always a wrap. Just didn’t want to have to deal with leaks or damage with the top, great to hear that you haven’t had any issues with it. To the car wash I go, haha. It’s like the guy in Calgary that drives in his Aventador SVJ Coupe in the winter, drives cuz he loves it stress free.

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm sure someone with a jeweler's loupe will tell me that I'm wrong, but I run my convertible DD through a soft-cloth car wash 5 to 10 times per winter and I do not notice a pattern of scratches. I put Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating on my paint 2-3 times a year and it seems to help protect from such things. I do notice that the 303 fabric protectant that I use on my convertible top does not bead as long after application during the cold months when I use the car wash. I'm also guessing that my car wash's "chassis bath" option gets underbody dirt and salt off that I would never get hand washing.

OP
OP
TruckandaMustang

TruckandaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX 4 2021 Mustang GT
I'm sure someone with a jeweler's loupe will tell me that I'm wrong, but I run my convertible DD through a soft-cloth car wash 5 to 10 times per winter and I do not notice a pattern of scratches. I put Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating on my paint 2-3 times a year and it seems to help protect from such things. I do notice that the 303 fabric protectant that I use on my convertible top does not bead as long after application during the cold months when I use the car wash. I'm also guessing that my car wash's "chassis bath" option gets underbody dirt and salt off that I would never get hand washing.
Yeah good point. I am pretty happy that mine will never see a spec of salt. Parked in the winter. 👍🏻 The truck gets the winter shift.
Sponsored