Sponsored

Convert gt350 to gt350r exhaust

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Well, I already had straight stainless steel pipes put in it's place and it didn't get it quite right, hence why i think there's more to it, but other disagree. I looked up the LTH Resonator though. Would getting that an then going back to the hop to have that in particular welded in in place of the straight pipes really make that big a difference, you think? I can if you do, but I wanted to be sure first.

As for everyone else so far, I appreciate everyone's feedback. We all seem to be in agreement that the delete is the only real change, which I already did with some, but little success. The disagreement seems to be on size and material. I think this replacement is 2.5" that has been adapted to 2.75" on the side it needs to be on.
Yeah I don't really know enough about welding, metal and how the harmonics all come into play. I have read posts about guys doing the same thing that you did and not having favorable results, or asked about straight piping and were advised not to because of the reasons I previously stated. The LTH resonators won't sound the same as a straight pipe. The resonator comes with a bracket so it is meant to be clamped down in place rather than welded in. Welding it in instead of using the bracket could alter the sound I think? Like you, I wanted my GT350 to sound just like the GT350R which is why I looked into it and went with the LTH resonators.
Sponsored

OP
OP

verdammte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dero
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yeah I don't really know enough about welding, metal and how the harmonics all come into play. I have read posts about guys doing the same thing that you did and not having favorable results, or asked about straight piping and were advised not to because of the reasons I previously stated. The LTH resonators won't sound the same as a straight pipe. The resonator comes with a bracket so it is meant to be clamped down in place rather than welded in. Welding it in instead of using the bracket could alter the sound I think? Like you, I wanted my GT350 to sound just like the GT350R which is why I looked into it and went with the LTH resonators.
I watched your video too and it doesn't sound like the R to me. It sounds the same as mine. The only thing I can really think of is that I don't realise just how loud my car already is and how close the tone itself already is.

I'd get those resonators and clamp them on myself, but My system is welded together and I'd be afraid of cutting in the middle of a size change area since it's not overly apparent to the naked eye.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I watched your video too and it doesn't sound like the R to me. It sounds the same as mine. The only thing I can really think of is that I don't realise just how loud my car already is and how close the tone itself already is.

I'd get those resonators and clamp them on myself, but My system is welded together and I'd be afraid of cutting in the middle of a size change area since it's not overly apparent to the naked eye.
I haven't uploaded any videos so you must be confusing me for someone else 😅

But yeah, there's only so much you can do unless you literally transplant a GT350R exhaust transplant. I've never been in a GT350R but I have heard them fly by and I dont notice a difference in sound.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Like the title says, I would like to change my gt350 exhaust over to sound just like the gt350r without losing my electronic exhaust controls. I made this same post on Reddit and was told the only difference was that the 350r does not have resonators and that removing the resonators would duplicate the sound, which sounded a little odd, but I went along with it. I had them removed yesterday and while it did slightly change the sound, it's still nothing like the gt350r.

I can't afford $3,000 to buy the entire exhaust system and have it installed, since I don't have any welding skills or the ability to lift the car up high enough to do in a complete exhaust system, so I was hoping to find just the parts that are different and change as little as possible.

I've looked around online for this answer, and the only thing I can ever find is the resonators, but since that wasn't it there has to be more to it. Does anybody know what the difference is that I'm missing?

It's a 2016 Shelby GT350 and at least has the tech pack. I believe it also has the performance pack, but I can't validate that to be sure since I'm the second owner and got the car back when it had 3,000 miles on it.

I have serious cluster headaches and migraines, so I am very hard set on keeping my quiet mode exhaust for when I need it. I do, of course, understand that I will lose some of that quietness and I'll have to manage with it like that, but it is still a requirement to keep that quiet mode at times.
Here's all you need to make your GT350 sound just like an R.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-stainless-steel-resonator-delete-x-pipe.html
p1100027.jpg

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Correct me if im wrong, but the difference between the R and non R exhaust is the resonators mid-car. there is already an X pipe on the system. You dont need to buy a pipe to obtain the same sound. Cut and weld. Attached is a photo of the bottom of what I believe to be an R stock exhaust. Theres an X on it already, and I can promise you, it was on my non-R as well. I will attach another shot from the work done on my car.

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 11.08.00 AM.png

752C45F5-4958-47F5-98A6-2915BCAD83AD.jpeg

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Correct me if im wrong, but the difference between the R and non R exhaust is the resonators mid-car. there is already an X pipe on the system. You dont need to buy a pipe to obtain the same sound. Cut and weld. Attached is a photo of the bottom of what I believe to be an R stock exhaust. Theres an X on it already, and I can promise you, it was on my non-R as well. I will attach another shot from the work done on my car.

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 11.08.00 AM.png

752C45F5-4958-47F5-98A6-2915BCAD83AD.jpeg
I've seen some cut/weld setups that look like Frankenstein. I get that it's an economical solution but for many who want a higher quality setup on their GT350 the Lethal Performance T304 stainless resonator delete is an excellent option which doesn't require any welding.
Sponsored